Featured Posts
AleaKat
Anxiety attacks
by AleaKat
October 12, 2012 at 9:18 PM
Getting really sick of these insane anxiety attacks over stupid crap. Had one today in the middle of a store and I'm very good at masking them but I'd rather not have to obviously.
What's the best NATURAL, non medical way to get through an anxiety attack?

Replies

• skylarkdancer
    October 12, 2012 at 9:41 PM
    Theanine
  • Bknotnobody
    October 12, 2012 at 9:42 PM
    Breathing techniques, change your diet, cut caffeine, yoga..
  • AleaKat
    by AleaKat
    October 12, 2012 at 9:45 PM
    What's that?

Quoting skylarkdancer:

Theanine
  • The_Doodle
    October 12, 2012 at 9:48 PM

Practice breathing techniques. That's what I did to get mine under control.

• norahsmommy
    October 12, 2012 at 9:49 PM
    For me it was changing my diet. I used to get attacks bad. We are almost always tight on money in the winter because dh's work is seasonal and he has trouble finding winter work. I used to have anxiety attacks about bills and I couldn't even open the mail box without being a mess. Around the same time we found out dd was gluten intolerant and so sensitive we couldn't even have it in the house without making her sick. We all went gluten free and I noticed my anxiety attacks stopped. I went back on it and it all came back. I'm off gluten now and can handle things much better now.
  • aidyns_mommy
    October 12, 2012 at 9:52 PM
    I cut out any alcohol & caffeine. Hasn't made them go away, but it's helped a little. Waiting to read responses...
  • CoeyG
    by CoeyG
    October 12, 2012 at 11:46 PM

Yoga

• skylarkdancer
    October 13, 2012 at 8:18 AM
    Theanine is derived from green tea. It's a natural supplement that helps with stress and anxiety
  • Marsella
    October 13, 2012 at 11:45 AM
    Have you B vitamin levels checked, or and a quality B 12 sup to your day. It won't be a cure all but having enough B 12 is very helpful in mood control.
  • Trikittyluv
    October 13, 2012 at 1:18 PM
    I am legally mentally disabled. Mixed Bipolar 1 (the worst), Acute Anxiety Disorder, PTSD, and Borderline, so I can give good tips :)

First off: a true Anxiety attack WILL go away on its own after 15 minutes if you remove yourself from the situation and leave it be.
    If you learn your triggers, then you will know way ahead of time that one is heading your way.
    Basically, you were probably too stressed out to go to the store in the first place. Don't know your situation, but an example would be if you took the kids when maybe it would have been better to go by yourself, sent hubby instead, or even held off till another day, or just went in long enough to get one days worth of meals.

You also need to take time for just YOU. I take naps, and just plain ole ME time- no explanation or excuses needed or given to anyone. If I don't want to go somewhere or do something, I can't be bullied into it.

I also don't let hubby goad me into arguments.
    If the going gets tough, I take a nap. That's my time out. When I wake up, I am usually more in control of my emotions to deal with it.

I also have a RED, YELLOW, GREEN card system in place at my house for all to see. I place the cards on the fridge and my bedroom door.
    GREEN means I am having a good day- you can approach me and I'll talk about anything
    YELLOW means approach with caution
    RED means I am in my own world so back off

I know I am more extreme as I am truly mentally ill, but my techniques do work. I do have to take meds. But my techniques mean the difference between being hospitalized or not.

Main thing is, listen to your body, and stay away from what sets you off.
Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts