Advice for Moms

jeenw1019
Ear infection question
October 12, 2012 at 8:29 AM

My 3 year has had a cold for a couple weeks, which she has been to the doctor for.  Now she says once in a while her ears hurt and she cant hear.  She has no fever and they seem to be oozing.  Can you have a ear infection without a fever?  I know you ladies are not doctors but maybe you have dealt with something like this.  I'm debating if she needs to go to the doctor.   

Replies

• jamieharper08
    October 13, 2012 at 9:50 PM

Yes...she needs to go to the doctor. My daughter had Cancer that caused black funk to drain from her ears. She never ran a fever. I'm not trying to scare you. Some kids just do not run fevers. I never have either.

• bbmkfo03
    October 13, 2012 at 9:52 PM

My DD has never had a fever with her ear infections. 

• MommyCulp4
    October 13, 2012 at 9:52 PM
    Garlic and olive oil. Put olive oil in a pan heat with some garlic. Let cool. 2 drops 2x a day it will heal it!
  • suebee3
    by suebee3
    October 13, 2012 at 10:11 PM

Take her in Her ear drum may be rupturing and she could end up  having permanent damage.  (this happened to my dughter when she was 11 months old but lthey caught it in time

• calusari
    October 14, 2012 at 7:01 AM

If they are oozing it is likely that they have burst; if that has happened, the pain should have disipated (the pain comes from the pressure of the fluid). If there is still pain, you should take her to the doctor.

Advice for Moms