Featured Posts
maitwocees
amanda todd commit suicide after being bullied
October 12, 2012 at 7:10 AM
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/mobileweb/2012/10/!?!11/amanda-todd-suicide-bullying_n_1959909.html
this is the world our kids are growing up in.
Are you scared? I am. what do we do to stop this from happening!?

Replies

• ChicMommy06
    October 12, 2012 at 7:14 AM
    This is getting out of hand. We were bullied growing up. Were we killing ourselves? No!!! We are raising a generation of pussies!! This IMO is something that starts at home. Parents need to be building their children's self esteem! And these kids need to grow a backbone! Am I worried about my kids? Nope, if they have mine or DH attitudes or mouths then they won't care what people say about them and we will enstill that in them. Or they will definitely have something to say back! It all starts at home. And this is Darwinism at its finest.

I'm sure I'll be bashed for this. *shrugs*
  • staffordmommy
    October 12, 2012 at 7:19 AM
    I actually agree with you!! No bashing here! We teach DD self defense. You hurt her, you better watch your back! I told dh just the other day the same thing! Kids these days are pansies! Parents are raising them to be little hippie crybabies! I can't stand it!!

Quoting ChicMommy06:

This is getting out of hand. We were bullied growing up. Were we killing ourselves? No!!! We are raising a generation of pussies!! This IMO is something that starts at home. Parents need to be building their children's self esteem! And these kids need to grow a backbone! Am I worried about my kids? Nope, if they have mine or DH attitudes or mouths then they won't care what people say about them and we will enstill that in them. Or they will definitely have something to say back! It all starts at home. And this is Darwinism at its finest.

• AleaKat
    by AleaKat
    October 12, 2012 at 7:20 AM
    Words are just words from an insecure mouth.
  • staffordmommy
    October 12, 2012 at 7:22 AM
    I do need to add though that its a terrible thing that this happened and I feel bad for whatever she went through and my heart goes out to her friends and family. And to the parents of the brats bullying her shame shame! Once again it goes back to their parenting skills if they had raised their child right, this never would have happened!

Quoting staffordmommy:

I actually agree with you!! No bashing here! We teach DD self defense. You hurt her, you better watch your back! I told dh just the other day the same thing! Kids these days are pansies! Parents are raising them to be little hippie crybabies! I can't stand it!!

Quoting ChicMommy06:

• ChicMommy06
    October 12, 2012 at 7:23 AM
    Lol @hippie crybabies!!

We plan on putting the kids in MMA next year. They will both be old enough. Although we don't want them to have to use physical violence we want them to have the knowledge. And the martial arts side also teaches patience, self discipline and inner strength building. And as parents we should see when our children need things like that.

Quoting staffordmommy:

Quoting ChicMommy06:

• staffordmommy
    October 12, 2012 at 7:27 AM
    Yep DD is starting karate soon she has been begging to do it. There have been times where someone tried to bully her but it doesn't affect her she shruggs it off and goes on with a great day. I know I don't have to worry about her! She's got some thick skin.

Quoting ChicMommy06:

Lol @hippie crybabies!!

We plan on putting the kids in MMA next year. They will both be old enough. Although we don't want them to have to use physical violence we want them to have the knowledge. And the martial arts side also teaches patience, self discipline and inner strength building. And as parents we should see when our children need things like that.

Quoting staffordmommy:

Quoting ChicMommy06:

• Megan11587
    October 12, 2012 at 8:02 AM

It terrifies me.  Not only this, but the increase in school violence as well. 

• Megan11587
    October 12, 2012 at 8:05 AM

Are you fucking kidding me???

The difference is NOT self-esteem- the difference is social media.  THEY CANNOT ESCAPE THE BULLYING.

How dare you call these kids 'pussies'???  How dare you blame the victim?? I'm sure you blame rape victims because of the way they dress or act, too?

Yes, it is our job to build our children's self-esteem, but it is our job to make sure our kids are taught to be respectful of each other.

Quoting ChicMommy06:

• mamaeagle216
    October 12, 2012 at 8:12 AM
    Totally agree.

Quoting ChicMommy06:

• 3greatkids751
    October 12, 2012 at 8:13 AM
    Couldn't agree with the first poster anymore! I've taught my kids to stand up for themselves not sit on the sidelines and watch it happen. And believe me I've gotten a few calls in my day about my oldest dd handling her own in school to someone who was being mean to her! Yes my dd got into trouble with the teacher which in my eyes wasn't right all my dd was doing was defending herself. I just had an issue with it happening on the bus the other day. My 10 yr old got off with tears in her eyes because there were girls being extremely mean to her! I said "I DON'T think so" I immediately went out the next morning and talked to the driver.. I told her either shows does somethin about it or I will!! Haven't had a problem since! We as parents need to be proactive about the situation and step up and raise our children to defend themselves..
Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts