Advice for Moms

Featured Posts
saysmom
Gave 13 month old whole milk instead of breastmilk......... and this is what happened?
by saysmom
October 11, 2012 at 8:38 AM

She slept better!!!! I still breastfeed her a couple times a day and she eats table food. She has been waking at night for quite some time now. I chalked it up to teething and allergies. And nothing seemed to help with that! I gave her whole milk to drink the past two nights before I nursed her and slept better. So could it be that my milk just isnt filling her up anymore? I dont want to quit breastfeeding quite yet. So is it ok to do both?

Replies

• CoeyG
    by CoeyG
    October 11, 2012 at 11:41 PM

Quoting piwife:

Cow milk is harder to digest.. vs breastmilk.

That's because cows milk is made for calves not for human babies...

• terpmama
    October 11, 2012 at 11:43 PM
    Breast milk is more easily digested
  • frndlyfn
    October 12, 2012 at 12:59 AM

Yes you can do both as well as give her more table food in toddler portions (of course)  DD was an extended nurser past age of 2.

• spotsmom
    October 12, 2012 at 1:04 AM

That's what I do. I'm still breast-feeding my 21 month old, but he gets whole milk in his cup during meals or for snack. 

• Lindalou907
    October 12, 2012 at 5:19 AM

Sure,it's fine! Maybe whole milk has more calories or something.

• jellybeans5
    October 12, 2012 at 7:22 AM

I think it's fine to do both.

I breasfed too, but around the same age I started giving my kids a bedtime snack.It started with my eldest, then as the youngers came along and saw her with her bedtime snack and wanted it, I just gave them a snack too. I tried to keep it healthy. ( I never gave cows milk though, but my kids are allergic)

With a snack in their belly before bed they always seemed to sleep better.

So I guess the milk would work too since it takes longer to digest then breastmilk so it stays in the tummy longer. (just like our snack did)

Advice for Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts