Featured Posts
ms.roxxiepink
37 wks. GBS positive
October 11, 2012 at 1:41 AM
Im sort of worried because I got tested for gbs and It came back positive :( I was hoping nothing would be wrong with this pregnancy.... Has anyone ever gotten a positive test for gbs?? If so is ur baby ok?? I'm worried a little :( did u have it after pregnancy too??

Replies

• frndlyfn
    October 11, 2012 at 1:44 AM

Is that the strep b stuff?  If so , I had it and took antibiotics.   DD is fine.  I had to have IV antibiotics during labor and drs think that made her  more susceptible to thrush 2 weeks later.   She is 6 yo now so i am rusty on the terms of what i had.

• MommySwiggles
    October 11, 2012 at 1:44 AM
    You will be fine. It just means that you need IV antibiotics during labor.
  • ms.roxxiepink
    October 11, 2012 at 2:11 AM
    Yeah type b strep or something... :D believe me it's a major relief to hear that if DD is just fine! Did u still have gbs after u had ur baby? Or dies it go away?

Quoting frndlyfn:

Is that the strep b stuff?  If so , I had it and took antibiotics.   DD is fine.  I had to have IV antibiotics during labor and drs think that made her  more susceptible to thrush 2 weeks later.   She is 6 yo now so i am rusty on the terms of what i had.

• ms.roxxiepink
    October 11, 2012 at 2:13 AM
    @MommySwiggles! Thanku!!!❤ I feel comforted (( hugs ))
  • frndlyfn
    October 11, 2012 at 3:20 AM

It pretty much goes away.  Never showed up in any testing after she was born.  Some women just have this in their system.  It doesnt mean anything was majorly wrong in pregnancy.  She is a flourishing 6 yo first grader.

Quoting ms.roxxiepink:

Yeah type b strep or something... :D believe me it's a major relief to hear that if DD is just fine! Did u still have gbs after u had ur baby? Or dies it go away?

Quoting frndlyfn:

• ncohetero
    October 11, 2012 at 3:25 AM
    That's actually pretty common. They will just run an iv while you're in labor
  • ms.roxxiepink
    October 11, 2012 at 6:41 AM
    :) thanku! It's my 2nd pregnancy and first time w this ... I had no idea about it .., good to know its nothing to worry about!
  • xoxRachelxox
    October 11, 2012 at 11:41 AM

I had it with two of my boys.

Aedan is my middle son and with him, I didn't have enough time to get the full two doses of antibiotics because he came out so quickly that he just needed to be watched in the nicu while we were there. It was a precautionary thing.

With Liam, I was induced so when they gave me the meds to induce they also gave me the antibiotic.

You'll be fine.

• xoxRachelxox
    October 11, 2012 at 6:42 PM

Oh and I forgot your last part. It goes away after you have the baby.

• Seriously868
    October 11, 2012 at 6:49 PM
    This....

Quoting MommySwiggles:

You will be fine. It just means that you need IV antibiotics during labor.

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts