Advice for Moms

Featured Posts
mich61978
Child Care at the Gym?
October 10, 2012 at 11:31 PM

Our baby is 8 months old and I am a SAHM.  I'm on the fence about leaving her at the YMCA's child care while I work out.  She has only stayed with my Mom from time to time.  My concerns are her safety and health, of course.  I would like her to get used to being around other adults and being around ther kids is just a bonus.  I really need to get back to the gym though!  Experiences?  Advice?

Replies

• crwspringer
    October 10, 2012 at 11:34 PM
    I have seen gyms that have great day care an I have seen gyms that have sad an pathetic daycare.
    You are going to have to go and check it out. Look at their cleaning records, how do they find you if there is a problem, do they change diapers or feed?
  • Firenygirl180
    October 10, 2012 at 11:35 PM

My gym doesn't have childcare.  You could always try it for a little and it's not like you would be leaving.  You will still be there and you can go and check on her as often as you feel is necessary.

• mich61978
    October 10, 2012 at 11:46 PM

I do know that they will feed and change them.  I would make sure she's changed and fed beforeheand, she's breastfed.  Yes, I do need to go check it out and meet the staff first.  Also, I did find out that later in the afternoon is a less busy time.

• frndlyfn
    October 10, 2012 at 11:53 PM

I would go in and observe.  For 30 min - 1 hr I am sure they are trained to care for a baby.

• crystal-boyd
    October 11, 2012 at 12:13 AM
    The gym i used to go to had tvs on almost every peice of gym equipment and they had a daycare channel so u could watch everymove. Maybe a diff gym close to u has something like . Good luck momma
  • mich61978
    October 11, 2012 at 9:32 AM

That would be great if they had that at my gym!

• mich61978
    October 11, 2012 at 9:33 AM

BUMP!

• Mommy2justone
    October 11, 2012 at 9:35 AM

Our gym doesn't take little ones till they are 1 year old. So I never put my daughter in. I walked with her in my sling around the indoor track when it was nasty outside. And we would swim together. 
    Now that she is almost 5, we go work out in the evenings and she goes in there to play with the other kids. It is nice for her and us :)

• atlmom2
    by atlmom2
    October 11, 2012 at 9:35 AM
    My girls loved it.
  • 3rd2bedue
    October 11, 2012 at 9:37 AM

Child care at the gym is a real gem! ^_^ Cant wait to sign up at our local gym after our move at the end of December! The husband and I both need to get back in shape after our new baby arrived (last week)! Besides its time spent together and we are making our bodies feel and look better too! The free child care for our other two children is just a huge bonus IMO! 

Advice for Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts