Featured Posts
comptonkids
what kind of dog would you say this is?
October 10, 2012 at 4:30 PM

this is the mom, she was found behind a shop, pregnant

this is her 8 wk old pup(the others have been adopted already)

" I believe she is some type of Cur mix I have no idea what the sire(s) were. This girl is marked like a red dobie. She is chocolate with brindle feet and green eyes."

how are these types of dogs? i have a 14 month old, a rough 4 yr old and a 5.5 yr old

Replies

• frndlyfn
    October 10, 2012 at 4:46 PM

I would take the puppy to the vet and see if they can identify the specific breed.  If she was a stray, most likely all mutts for the puppies.   Any dog can be good with children as long as they are taught to withstand some roughness from humans.  Also teach the children to be gentle with any animals.

• Bleacheddecay
    October 10, 2012 at 5:13 PM

I can't tell anything from those pictures except she looks sweet and maybe a bit short?

• erinsmom1964
    October 10, 2012 at 5:14 PM

That puppy looks alot like a chocolate lab to me and I have even known one with green eyes.

• nerdymom28
    October 10, 2012 at 5:14 PM

I'd say a Pitt/Lab mix

• Aqua_Jen
    October 10, 2012 at 5:15 PM
    Maybe a lab/dobie/something? I'm not sure...
  • comptonkids
    October 10, 2012 at 5:16 PM
    That's what dh and I thought
    Some kind of lab

Quoting erinsmom1964:

That puppy looks alot like a chocolate lab to me and I have even known one with green eyes.

• snowangel1979
    October 10, 2012 at 5:23 PM
    From her body I want to say pit or boxer. Her body looks a lot like my boxer. Her face looks like a lab.

Really it depends on the dog not the breed. Mutts are usually good dogs and have fewer health problems.
    The puppy looks like a lab . She looks like a good dog. In the last pic, she's looking at you and not in the bag of food that's right next to her.
  • jesslynn06
    October 10, 2012 at 6:00 PM
    She looks very friendly and sweet!! :)
  • CoeyG
    by CoeyG
    October 10, 2012 at 6:07 PM

It looks like what they call a Heinz 57, so many breeds in the mix that one is not more dominant than another.  All dogs are only as good as they are treated.  How do you treat the dog? And regardless of breed I would never leave an infant or small child alone with any dog

• mommieofII
    October 10, 2012 at 8:34 PM

Are those 2 different dogs? the puppy looks a little like a choc lab but the older one looks like a pit bull

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts