Featured Posts
anfisasmommy
For those detectives out there!
October 10, 2012 at 1:02 AM

I am trying to do a fmaily tree, well my grandfather on my fathers side wont tell me anything about his parents except how mean his mom was and when his dad died! I have names that is it, he is always saying it is the past! I am just curious I guess.... How do the dtectives on here always dig things up? Every web site I have found you have to pay and sign up! Any suggestions!?

Replies

• elzmnsf
    by elzmnsf
    October 10, 2012 at 1:09 AM
    Well, I'm not sure on the number of years, but at some point census records become public. I do know, because I have done it, that most Mormon churches have a genealogy library. The bigger temples have extensive ones. You don't have to be Mormon to use them. I'm not, and I have been to a few, years ago. And from what I remember the people who worked in there were extremely helpful!
  • CoeyG
    by CoeyG
    October 10, 2012 at 2:38 AM

Respect his privacy, he doesn't want you to have that information, you have names that is all you need.  

• mama2KiraEthan
    October 10, 2012 at 1:06 PM

What else do you require if you already have their names.

• m0m23b0ys458
    October 10, 2012 at 2:32 PM

Quoting CoeyG:

Respect his privacy, he doesn't want you to have that information, you have names that is all you need.  

• anfisasmommy
    October 10, 2012 at 2:32 PM

I am tying to find out our heritage, so I need to locate stuff on them so I can look up their parents name! I respect that he does not want to talk about them fine whatever but I still get to know somethings!

• salamandersmom
    October 10, 2012 at 2:53 PM

Tell me what you want... I've got an ancestry.com subscription, I'll do a few look ups for you...  my home e-mail is casserly@rrv.net.

• atlmom2
    by atlmom2
    October 10, 2012 at 2:53 PM
    No reason not to do research. Your grandfather may have just been a jerk not to tell.
  • IWantOneMorePlz
    October 10, 2012 at 8:35 PM

Ancestry.com has a free 2 week subscription.  You do have to put in a card number, but once you cancel, they delete it.  I have been able to find out a lot about family members from it.  You can aslo put a message on the message board on Ancestry.com, and someone might have the info on their tree.  Good Luck

• Bmat
    by Bmat
    October 10, 2012 at 8:37 PM

Does he have any other relatives that you can talk with?-  nephews or nieces?  siblings? cousins?

• squeekers
    October 10, 2012 at 10:54 PM

you need to dig up the geneology websites online.

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts