Featured Posts
anfisasmommy
For those detectives out there!
October 10, 2012 at 1:02 AM

I am trying to do a fmaily tree, well my grandfather on my fathers side wont tell me anything about his parents except how mean his mom was and when his dad died! I have names that is it, he is always saying it is the past! I am just curious I guess.... How do the dtectives on here always dig things up? Every web site I have found you have to pay and sign up! Any suggestions!?

Replies

• elzmnsf
    by elzmnsf
    October 10, 2012 at 1:09 AM
    Well, I'm not sure on the number of years, but at some point census records become public. I do know, because I have done it, that most Mormon churches have a genealogy library. The bigger temples have extensive ones. You don't have to be Mormon to use them. I'm not, and I have been to a few, years ago. And from what I remember the people who worked in there were extremely helpful!
  • CoeyG
    by CoeyG
    October 10, 2012 at 2:38 AM

Respect his privacy, he doesn't want you to have that information, you have names that is all you need.  

• mama2KiraEthan
    October 10, 2012 at 1:06 PM

What else do you require if you already have their names.

• m0m23b0ys458
    October 10, 2012 at 2:32 PM

Quoting CoeyG:

Respect his privacy, he doesn't want you to have that information, you have names that is all you need.  

• anfisasmommy
    October 10, 2012 at 2:32 PM

I am tying to find out our heritage, so I need to locate stuff on them so I can look up their parents name! I respect that he does not want to talk about them fine whatever but I still get to know somethings!

• salamandersmom
    October 10, 2012 at 2:53 PM

Tell me what you want... I've got an ancestry.com subscription, I'll do a few look ups for you...  my home e-mail is casserly@rrv.net.

• atlmom2
    by atlmom2
    October 10, 2012 at 2:53 PM
    No reason not to do research. Your grandfather may have just been a jerk not to tell.
  • IWantOneMorePlz
    October 10, 2012 at 8:35 PM

Ancestry.com has a free 2 week subscription.  You do have to put in a card number, but once you cancel, they delete it.  I have been able to find out a lot about family members from it.  You can aslo put a message on the message board on Ancestry.com, and someone might have the info on their tree.  Good Luck

• Bmat
    by Bmat
    October 10, 2012 at 8:37 PM

Does he have any other relatives that you can talk with?-  nephews or nieces?  siblings? cousins?

• squeekers
    October 10, 2012 at 10:54 PM

you need to dig up the geneology websites online.

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN