Advice for Moms

luvlynesa
It's now or never. I have 3 boys, do I try for the girl?
October 9, 2012 at 6:25 PM

I have a dilema. I have 3 boys whom I absoulutely love and adore but truth be told I always wanted a girl. My husband and I decided to get a more "permanent" birth control procedure due to our insurance covering the majority of it. Problem is our insurance is going to change soon and I don't think this procedure will be an option any longer after it changes. I feel very content with our family size and the way things are right now and would'nt want to change it. My boys are 2, 4, 12 so it's not as hard to run errands and get stuff done since they're at ages where they're a bit more independant. (by independant I mean no baby carriers, diaper bags etc...) so adding another baby would be hard for me. Another con on my list would be "pregnancy", I'm now barely starting to lose all my baby fat from my 2 previous boys and to gain it all back would be dissapointing. I also think about the financial responsibilities with a new baby and cringe at the thought of adding diapers, formula, furniture and not to mention maternity clothes! My husband and I have talked about the topic quite a bit and says he's on board if I am. It seems like my con list is much longer then my pro list which would seem like an easy answer but it still doesn't stop me from sighing every time I walk by the baby girl aisle at the store and dream about a little mini me... It's now or never. Please advice! (no judgement please)

Replies

• Schleetle
    October 9, 2012 at 6:27 PM
    Well only you know if your family feels complete. I'd be prepared for the possibility of another boy though.
  • KRIZZ25
    by KRIZZ25
    October 9, 2012 at 6:28 PM
    GIRLS ARE CUTE WEN THAR SMALL BUT WEN THY GET OLDER THAR HARDER. IF I WAS U I WOULD WAIT A FEW YEARS ..U COULD CHANGE UR MIND IN 2 OR 3 YEARS .
  • marchantmom06
    October 9, 2012 at 6:30 PM
    We tried for number four and got another boy.......
  • Buggy979
    October 9, 2012 at 6:34 PM
    I have three girls and I was in your shoes almost immediately after our last girl was born.. but I said to myself why can you just be happy with what you have as sometimes it is enough.. I always thought if we had a fourth and it was another girl would I look at her always as not what I wanted, another girl... So I became at peace with just my girls. I am sure I will have grandsons someday... Good luck ..
  • Mom2Just1
    October 9, 2012 at 6:46 PM

I have 2 boys and we are done.  We don't try for specific gender.

• lilbit04
    October 9, 2012 at 6:48 PM
    I have 3 boys as well almost 8, almost 3 and 4 plus I'm pregnant again with my 4th boy due in 5 weeks....I don't see a girl in my future but good luck.
  • Bmat
    by Bmat
    October 9, 2012 at 8:13 PM

Since you doubt, don't.  What if it is another boy.  Don't bring another human being into the world in the hope that it is a certain sex.

• erinsmom1964
    October 9, 2012 at 8:36 PM

personally i think wanting a certain sex is the exact wrong reason to have a child

• jabs54
    by jabs54
    October 9, 2012 at 9:26 PM

I can understand your desire to want a girl.  Unless you are positive I wouldn't do anything permanent.  I will tell you that my mom had 3 boys and then had ME.  And, my son had 3 boys and then had a little GIRL.  Just sayin...

• starlynn2012
    October 9, 2012 at 10:28 PM

Try for another one if anything you have a even number of kids and that is so much easier then a odd number. I have four and I wouldn't change that. Good luck with it I hope if you decide to that you get a lil girl...

Advice for Moms