Advice for Moms

Featured Posts
Angelanscalf89
How do I get him to stop sleeping on the floor??
October 9, 2012 at 7:28 AM
My son is 3 and for about a little over a year (ever since he was moved out of his crib) hes been sleeping on the floor. I will put him to bed and when I check on him hes on the floor. I put him in his bed multiple times a night and he climbs right out. He doesnt sleep next to his bed he sleeps in the middle oif the room. Its gotten to the point where he fights me at bed time because he wants to lay on the floor. He wont even sleep with me but hell sleep on the floor next to my bed if hes having a rough night. Im just worried that this will cause back problems because the floor is hard. He tells me its comfortable but I dont like it. He even lays a blanket down and sleeps on top of it if the floors cold. I just dont know what to do.

Replies

• Angelanscalf89
    October 9, 2012 at 7:34 AM
    Anyone??
  • brandyblx
    October 9, 2012 at 7:39 AM

I sincerely think this is a phase. I have 3 kids.All 3 have at one point or another slept on the floor.Every now and then my youngest (9)will drag his blankets/pillows and sleep UNDER his bed- LOL.

I say if there is nothing that he could hurt himself on leave him be.He'll stop on his own in about a month or two. They do some weird things,huh?rolling on floor

• ashleybgarcia
    October 9, 2012 at 7:42 AM
    I'd say let him. It's just a phase. Make him a pallet out of blankets so that it isn't cold.
  • sktrowb
    by sktrowb
    October 9, 2012 at 7:46 AM
    I would offer to put a mattress on the floor and leave it go.
  • Angelanscalf89
    October 9, 2012 at 7:55 AM
    Hes been doing this for over a year hes NEVER slept in his bed.

Quoting brandyblx:

I sincerely think this is a phase. I have 3 kids.All 3 have at one point or another slept on the floor.Every now and then my youngest (9)will drag his blankets/pillows and sleep UNDER his bed- LOL.

I say if there is nothing that he could hurt himself on leave him be.He'll stop on his own in about a month or two. They do some weird things,huh?rolling on floor

• Angelanscalf89
    October 9, 2012 at 7:56 AM
    Ive tried that I dont think he likes matresses or something idk

Quoting sktrowb:

• candlelight777
    October 9, 2012 at 7:58 AM
    My kids still do this. They act like their camping.
  • sktrowb
    by sktrowb
    October 9, 2012 at 8:04 AM
    Do you think it's from taking him out of the crib too early? My dd was taken out of her crib when we moved shortly before she turned 2. We switched her cause I was pregnant with ds. She ended up sleeping in our bed till I was 7 months pregnant and we had moved again. We did up her bedroom making a big deal about her "big girl room" and she started sleeping in her bed with little problem.

Quoting Angelanscalf89:

Ive tried that I dont think he likes matresses or something idk

Quoting sktrowb:

• cutestmom24
    October 9, 2012 at 8:15 AM
    My dd dose the same thing (she is 19 months)her great grandma got her Mickey mouse Couch and now she sleeps on that.
  • GagaNTattooS
    October 9, 2012 at 8:18 AM
    Give him a blanket and a pillow he will be fine my kid went thru that. Pick your battles mama and this isn't it

Advice for Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts