Featured Posts
frzmamaof4
I need my room back!!!
October 8, 2012 at 10:04 PM
My 3 year old son will not sleep in his own room!! Even after we bought him a big boy racecar bed, he'd rather sleep in my room on the floor. He used to sleep in our bed, but now that I'm pregnant, I couldn't take him moving all around, kicking, etc. I feel like we've tried everything to get him into his room, but nothing is working. He's slept in there a couple of nights with no problem, but it would be nice if it happened every night! Any ideas??

Replies

• atlmom2
    by atlmom2
    October 8, 2012 at 10:18 PM
    Keep putting him in his bed over and over and do not talk to him and do not give in. After 3 or 4 nights he will get the hint.
  • frzmamaof4
    October 8, 2012 at 10:26 PM
    I usually give up after awhile since I'm always so tired from being this late in my pregnancy, but I will do my damnest to get him back in his room permanently. Thanks:-)
  • love-my-tween
    October 8, 2012 at 10:38 PM

Quoting atlmom2:

Keep putting him in his bed over and over and do not talk to him and do not give in. After 3 or 4 nights he will get the hint.

I used to watch that Nanny show (I forget the actual name of it) and she was great at training moms to do exactly that!  Good luck frzmamaof4!

• dee1603
    by dee1603
    October 8, 2012 at 10:39 PM
    Just keep putting him back to bed
  • frzmamaof4
    October 8, 2012 at 10:46 PM
    Are you talking about Supernanny...lol, I love that show! I'm definitely gonna try some of her techniques!

Quoting love-my-tween:

Quoting atlmom2:

I used to watch that Nanny show (I forget the actual name of it) and she was great at training moms to do exactly that!  Good luck frzmamaof4!

• love-my-tween
    October 8, 2012 at 11:41 PM

Yeah!  Supernanny!  lol!  I loved her show!

• CoeyG
    by CoeyG
    October 9, 2012 at 3:45 AM

Have you tried getting up and taking him back to his own bed consistently?  It is going to take time and patience for him to start sleeping in his own bed.  As long as you continue to allow him to come into your room and sleep on the floor ihe is going to do so. 

• savingtheworld
    October 9, 2012 at 10:23 AM
    I agree..

Quoting atlmom2:

• comptonkids
    October 9, 2012 at 10:37 AM
    He's 3...he still needs your comfort in the night

Why not make a permanent pallet for him?
    He's not in your bed, and gets comfort from just being near you, so what is he harm in letting him stay where he's been?
  • frzmamaof4
    October 9, 2012 at 1:56 PM
    I'm going in for a scheduled c-section on Monday and the new babys' crib is in my room as well, so space is VERY limited in my room. I don't want to trip over him in the middle of the night when I have to get up with the baby, especially since he rolls all around the floor. So I'm gonna definitely try to get him in his room, as best as I can:-)
Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN