Featured Posts
kayc0316
Easy healthy meals??
October 8, 2012 at 4:38 PM

I have come to find out i have High blood pressure..i have been 3 weeks caffine soda free..i do drink sprite and rootbeer..but not very offten usually its tea and water..I am trying to find some easy recipies that are healthier then what i usually make..anyone have some good recipies?? can be chicken or beef thats what i use the most..thanks

Replies

• angie2568
    October 9, 2012 at 10:23 AM

Chicken breasts baked in water (add herbs or fruit slices to flavor with), sweet rice or plain rice and black beans. (1 hr prep total).

London broil, ribs, beef or meat of any kind - cook over night in crock pot with potatos, carrots and onions - flavored with with chicken or beef flavor swansons or your choice.

Lipton black tea, herbal teas, red teas - are really great with high antioxidants.

• mrswillie
    October 9, 2012 at 10:34 AM

You really should only have red meat about once a week. Switch from ground beef to ground chicken or turkey. Use boneless skinless chicken breast. Cut all fried foods. Use EVOO. Make one meal a day green. Have meatless Mondays.

These are all things I did when I was put on Lipitor over a year ago.

• marisab
    by marisab
    October 9, 2012 at 12:16 PM

i love  the gf/cf recipes i make for my son whos autistic.you can google gf/cf recipes

• justinnaimee
    October 9, 2012 at 12:22 PM
    With high blood pressure you should cut way back on sodium. Sprite and root beer are just as big sodium offenders as caffinated sodas.

Stop using canned food. Period. Use frozen or fresh veggies. Make your own sauces. If you do use things from a can rinse them as well as possible. Don't cook and eat frozen or boxed meals. Most of them are easily made from scratch anyway.

Good luck.
  • cjsmom1
    by cjsmom1
    October 9, 2012 at 1:09 PM

The big thing will be to eat more fruits and veggies, switch to whole grain (pasta and bread), and eat brown rice.

As far as the meat grilled is the healthiest option.

• kirbymom
    October 9, 2012 at 3:00 PM

Well, you can do a chicken and rice with broccoli casserole.

CHICKEN - RICE - BROCCOLI CASSEROLE 
    1 (10 oz.) pkg. frozen broccoli
    2 c. cooked, cubed chicken
    2 c. cooked rice--use 3 cups if for large group/family
    1 c. Velveeta cheese, grated ( optional )
    1 (10 oz.) can cream of mushroom soup
    1 (10 oz. ) can cream of chicken soup
    1 soup can milk

Combine chicken, rice, cheese, and soups. Add 1-1/2 soup can of milk; mix. Pour in 1 1/2 quart casserole.  Bake in 350 degree oven for 30 minutes . With 15 minutes left before being done, add broccoli.  Finish cooking. Pull out and let stand for 5 minutes, covered. Serve with buttered bread.

If you are looking for healthier drinks, tea usually has more caffeine in it than soda or coffee. You can drink some herbal teas that aren't caffeinated that taste good. Like Raspberry tea or blackberry tea. green tea with lemon juice in it is extremely healthy and tastes good too. Lemon water is very healthy and has purification purposes, gives you energy, and helps your bladder get rid of all the poisons that are in it.  You can also drink some apple-cranberry juice or some vitamin waters. Any mixed juice drinks are good. 

• LindaClement
    October 9, 2012 at 11:25 PM

The less sugar (and artificial sweeteners) you eat, the easier you'll find managing your blood pressure with diet alone.

Celery is said to lower blood pressure --2 stalks a day apparently lower it as much as conventional medications (with a healthy diet... you really can't get out of that part!)

We eat a lot of simple stir fries... I'd suggest AllRecipes or Food.com for a searchable archive that includes terms like 'healthy' and 'new to cooking'...

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN