Advice for Moms

Featured Posts
savingtheworld
your stance on child support?
October 8, 2012 at 10:37 AM
Do u think child support laws should b updated?

Replies

• chelsea1401
    October 8, 2012 at 10:43 AM

My husband has a son from a previous relationship and he sends her 400 a month, which yes I know doesn't pay much for a kid these days... We get him every other weekend ( thats court ordered) she never packs him a bag with clothes, diapers or anything... so even though we send her all that money, were still having to buy him stuff he needs for here..  She also will drop him off on days when she has stuff to do or like when she went into labor we had him for a week and a half...  on another note she lives in gov't housing and on all kinds of welfare - so what she does with the money i dunno but I just dont think its fair... The courts are wanting to up his CS to over 600 if he keeps this 2nd job, It doesn't matter he has 2 other children at home to pay for on top of our bills...  It really pisses me off..

• comptonkids
    October 8, 2012 at 10:44 AM
    Actually it does matter

They take ALL kids into consideration
    Not the bills though, which I think they should

Quoting chelsea1401:

My husband has a son from a previous relationship and he sends her 400 a month, which yes I know doesn't pay much for a kid these days... We get him every other weekend ( thats court ordered) she never packs him a bag with clothes, diapers or anything... so even though we send her all that money, were still having to buy him stuff he needs for here..  She also will drop him off on days when she has stuff to do or like when she went into labor we had him for a week and a half...  on another note she lives in gov't housing and on all kinds of welfare - so what she does with the money i dunno but I just dont think its fair... The courts are wanting to up his CS to over 600 if he keeps this 2nd job, It doesn't matter he has 2 other children at home to pay for on top of our bills...  It really pisses me off..

• thehickinhickor
    October 8, 2012 at 10:46 AM
    Yes i think they do that's a big reason i don't go threw the courts.i also don't have a need my ex pays on time every month if he did not i would care for her alone.i don't see anything wrong with those that want or need the support
  • chelsea1401
    October 8, 2012 at 10:46 AM

It must be different from state to state.. where are you from.?  the judge even told nick it goes off what he makes yearly and nothing else... but I agree with you on the bills, they should take everything in to consider. 

Quoting comptonkids:

Actually it does matter

Quoting chelsea1401:

• savingtheworld
    October 8, 2012 at 10:49 AM
    Were u married/ dating? Who left the relationship? An y?

Quoting thehickinhickor:

Yes i think they do that's a big reason i don't go threw the courts.i also don't have a need my ex pays on time every month if he did not i would care for her alone.i don't see anything wrong with those that want or need the support

• MicheleJM
    October 8, 2012 at 10:50 AM
    I think the courts are often in a bad position of playing Solomon in a he said she said argument. I think if anything needs to be changed its parents that duck working so they dont pay cs. I dont agree. Both parents need to contribute to support of the child.
  • mommy2boys03
    October 8, 2012 at 10:53 AM

If the mother is receiving that much state aid it maybe the state going after more child support and not the mother.  The will adjust the amount of aid a mother receives by the amount of child support.

• HIJKLM
    by HIJKLM
    October 8, 2012 at 10:55 AM
    I think they should update the enforcement for sure. My ex hasn't paid 1 cent in 3 years and they dont even care to look for him because I'm not on PA. My mother didn't pay anything in the 13years my brothers were minors. 6 years sine they turned 18 and she still hasn't paid anything.

I do think that sometimes the amount ordered is a burden on the noncustodial parent, especially if they have other children but it's usually less than half the child's needs.

I also don't think the custodial parent should have to provide the child's needs while in the noncustodial parent's care.
  • mamaBerg85
    October 8, 2012 at 10:56 AM
    Kids matter in Missouri. U and ur husband need to start keeping track of when u have him including the days u are not suppose to have him. Take that to court with u. I agree child support sucks. But some things can help u out. If this judge doesn't care about ur kids talk to ur lawyer and discuss maybe getting a new judge.

Quoting chelsea1401:

It must be different from state to state.. where are you from.?  the judge even told nick it goes off what he makes yearly and nothing else... but I agree with you on the bills, they should take everything in to consider. 

Quoting comptonkids:

Actually it does matter

Quoting chelsea1401:

• LuvMyBoy08
    October 8, 2012 at 10:56 AM
    Yes I think they need to be updated. My DH pays 1200 a month for two kids, which is not the bad part. His ex "claims" she can't work because her son won't let her because he's a trouble maker. She has no income coming in but yet can afford a brand new ford f-150, expensive cloths and shoes. But when we see the kids they dress like they are homeless, they never bring any hygiene products ect, so we go buy them cloths and products they need. I know in my heart she's living off of my DH's child support money for herself

Advice for Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts