Advice for Moms

Featured Posts
savingtheworld
your stance on child support?
October 8, 2012 at 10:37 AM
Do u think child support laws should b updated?

Replies

• savingtheworld
    October 8, 2012 at 11:02 AM
    My husbands ex-wife left the marriage for another man.. an was pregnant..so I'm sure a big smack in the face for my husband, is it fair all he gets is every other weekend an a huge amount of child support? He didn't ask for a divorce, she did..she's able to get more child support when she feels like it.4 times in 2 yrs? Seems more like punishment
  • kittiecat88
    October 8, 2012 at 11:03 AM
    Yes!
  • thehickinhickor
    October 8, 2012 at 11:03 AM
    I was married 3yrs i life after he cheat on me for the 5th time.my parents fought over child.support none stop.i was so sick of hearing about it by time i had my child i wanted nothing to do with it really made hate.my parents growing up i felt like a big bill he could not pay.

Quoting savingtheworld:

Were u married/ dating? Who left the relationship? An y?

Quoting thehickinhickor:

Yes i think they do that's a big reason i don't go threw the courts.i also don't have a need my ex pays on time every month if he did not i would care for her alone.i don't see anything wrong with those that want or need the support

• AngeLnChainZ
    October 8, 2012 at 11:06 AM

$400 is nothing ... Just to point that out. It may seem like a lot when you are the one paying it out, but it isn't that way for the one receiving it.

Quoting chelsea1401:

My husband has a son from a previous relationship and he sends her 400 a month, which yes I know doesn't pay much for a kid these days... We get him every other weekend ( thats court ordered) she never packs him a bag with clothes, diapers or anything... so even though we send her all that money, were still having to buy him stuff he needs for here..  She also will drop him off on days when she has stuff to do or like when she went into labor we had him for a week and a half...  on another note she lives in gov't housing and on all kinds of welfare - so what she does with the money i dunno but I just dont think its fair... The courts are wanting to up his CS to over 600 if he keeps this 2nd job, It doesn't matter he has 2 other children at home to pay for on top of our bills...  It really pisses me off..

• AngeLnChainZ
    October 8, 2012 at 11:08 AM

If he wants more time? Fight for it!, it shouldn't matter what happened in the marriage, who caused or asked for the divorce.. and as for her getting more child support "when she feels like it" it doesn't work that way.

Quoting savingtheworld:

My husbands ex-wife left the marriage for another man.. an was pregnant..so I'm sure a big smack in the face for my husband, is it fair all he gets is every other weekend an a huge amount of child support? He didn't ask for a divorce, she did..she's able to get more child support when she feels like it.4 times in 2 yrs? Seems more like punishment

• savingtheworld
    October 8, 2012 at 11:13 AM
    He did..just went to court last month..he gets them 94 days out of the year? She makes 1200 a month an receives cs 800$ an welfare an tencare..an married?

Quoting AngeLnChainZ:

If he wants more time? Fight for it!, it shouldn't matter what happened in the marriage, who caused or asked for the divorce.. and as for her getting more child support "when she feels like it" it doesn't work that way.

Quoting savingtheworld:

• savingtheworld
    October 8, 2012 at 11:20 AM
    I'm also divorced..but we don't pay child support... If our kids need some thing we take care of it..even if I need gas etc my ex helps with that to..
  • snowangel1979
    October 8, 2012 at 11:29 AM
    Yes. I think it needs to take a lot of things into consideration.

I think it needs to be a better formula. Like if you make this amount, you pay this across the board. Sorry if you decided to have 5 other children with your current wife or rent a $1,000 apartment when most apartments are $600 around there. your first child still needs support, same with mom
    There are people who pay to much and people who don't pay enough. It all depends on how good of a lawyer you have when you walk in especially around here. In M county they have a lawyer's board. If you walk in with one of there lawyers, your almost guaranteed to win. A lot of other lawyers won't even work in those courts because of it.

Also enforcement needs to be upped.
    The crazy thing is that my ex didn't pay for like 10 years. We (by we I should say I) went to court and they screwed up the paperwork, when putting it into the computer- bad. They put me down as the payer. I ended up having to pay fines, fees and almost got arrested because they put a warrant out for me. Thank god the cop let me go or it would have ended up being more. But it was my fault somehow because I magically was supposed to know.
  • savingtheworld
    October 8, 2012 at 11:30 AM
    400$ a month? That's almost rent or a carpayment or groceries for a month?

Quoting AngeLnChainZ:

$400 is nothing ... Just to point that out. It may seem like a lot when you are the one paying it out, but it isn't that way for the one receiving it.

Quoting chelsea1401:

My husband has a son from a previous relationship and he sends her 400 a month, which yes I know doesn't pay much for a kid these days... We get him every other weekend ( thats court ordered) she never packs him a bag with clothes, diapers or anything... so even though we send her all that money, were still having to buy him stuff he needs for here..  She also will drop him off on days when she has stuff to do or like when she went into labor we had him for a week and a half...  on another note she lives in gov't housing and on all kinds of welfare - so what she does with the money i dunno but I just dont think its fair... The courts are wanting to up his CS to over 600 if he keeps this 2nd job, It doesn't matter he has 2 other children at home to pay for on top of our bills...  It really pisses me off..

• AubreeGrace17
    October 8, 2012 at 11:31 AM
    I think child support is a great thing but they should do more to enforce it.

Advice for Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts