Featured Posts
mamalusbear
The Healthy Pinata?
October 7, 2012 at 2:04 PM

My son is having his 1st birthday party and a lot of his playmates have older siblings.  For the older kids (who range in age from 5-9) I have a pinata as part of the festivities.  I'd like to try and put some healthy treats in the pinata/ candy alternatives for the kids.  Anyone have any ideas?

Replies

• robyann
    by robyann
    October 7, 2012 at 2:15 PM

maybe little bags of pretzels, fruit snacks (these aren't really healthy), some little yogurt covered raisen put into small baggies, you can put in little toys too.

• ColieO
    by ColieO
    October 7, 2012 at 2:37 PM
    Those 100 calorie snack packs.
  • Mommy2justone
    October 7, 2012 at 7:42 PM

Tiny toys instead of candy? Like tops and yoyos? Also they make organic fruit strips that you can get at Kroger. And other organic treats that are prepackaged. 

• Mommy2justone
    October 7, 2012 at 7:43 PM

• jynkx
    by jynkx
    October 7, 2012 at 7:47 PM

i agree with the replies so far.  small cheapy toys, fruit snacks/leather, little boxes of raisins, small bags of popcorn.  there are so many things you can stuff into that thing besides candy.  

• crwspringer
    October 7, 2012 at 7:50 PM
    You could fill it with iPod nano's? What, not enough (kidding)
  • mamalusbear
    October 7, 2012 at 10:28 PM

I want one of those!  :)

• hopealways4019
    October 8, 2012 at 10:41 AM
    Put fruits, crackers, chips, money in it.
  • illinoismommy83
    October 8, 2012 at 10:46 AM

Anything you could put into a pinata that could survive the fall is going to have to be individually packaged and really, most packaged food is crap. Likewise, any little toys that would fill the pinata will also be junky. There is nothing "healthy" about processed foods in a package.

Why not fill like, easter eggs with slips of paper identify your prize and let the kids trade in their paper slips for actual healthy stuff. 

You could go to Salvation Army and grab a ton of pretty baskets, and then the kids could each have a basket as their goody bag and trade in their slips of paper for various fruits and take home their fruit basket. Apples, oranges, bananas, mangos, etc. At least a child is likely to eat the fruit and the parents will be thrilled their child came home with no crappy toys or candy.

(I'm a bit of a hippie though, would any kids besides my kids be amused by this? LOL)

• White-Rose
    October 8, 2012 at 11:34 AM

What about having items (coupons) with an item or 2 on it that they could choose from - like fruits, etc

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts