Advice for Moms

kmmf
problem or not?
by kmmf
October 6, 2012 at 11:42 PM

i am 3cm dialated and have been for 2 weeks. my lower back is extremely swollen. should i be concerned or not?

Replies

• cara124
    by cara124
    October 6, 2012 at 11:45 PM
    Depends on how far along you are
  • kmmf
    by kmmf
    October 6, 2012 at 11:47 PM

i could deliver at any time. im nine months.

• PINKmyfavcolor
    October 7, 2012 at 12:43 PM

You should call your doctor and let them know. He or she can advise you on whether this is something to worry about or not. ((HUGS))

• xoxRachelxox
    October 7, 2012 at 12:48 PM

I would call the doctor and just let them know.

It's hard to tell. You could be 3cm for weeks or you could go right to 10 in minutes. Especially since you're full term.

It's better to call them and see what they think. You could be having back labor. It's what it sounds like.

• erikadi
    by erikadi
    October 7, 2012 at 12:49 PM

Sometimes it takes a while to dialate, but I am concerned about your swollen back. I think you should definitely see your OB.

• robyann
    by robyann
    October 7, 2012 at 2:22 PM

yes I agree, call the dr and ask about the swollen back. to ease the pain in your lower back, get on the floor on your hands and knees, lower your head down towards the floor with your bottom still up

• marisab
    by marisab
    October 7, 2012 at 4:11 PM

sounds like that baby is laying in your back to me but i would discuss this with the dr

• kirbymom
    October 8, 2012 at 1:30 PM

I'm not sure that this is something that is too irregular but I would call and check with your doctor just to make sure. Its always better to be safe than sorry.  :) 

Advice for Moms