Featured Posts
calebsmommy13
any advice?
October 6, 2012 at 8:45 PM

my baby boy is almost 6 months old and hes teething and nothing i seem to do is working!!!!!!!!

Replies

• PINKmyfavcolor
    October 7, 2012 at 12:06 PM

We've had great success with teething gels and with frozen washcloths to gnaw on. What have you tried?

• robyann
    by robyann
    October 7, 2012 at 12:26 PM

Teething is harder on some babies than others. They have teething tablets you can get, also orajel, they have  a natural one now. Warning: it tastes bad, my grandson makes an awful face when his momma puts it on his gums, but in a few minutes he's feeling better. Also give him things to chew on, teethers. The ones with liquid in them can be put in the fridge to chill them some.

• signingmama2915
    October 7, 2012 at 2:21 PM

we always use oragel, frozen washclothes, maybe even try frozen apple slices and put them in the fruit net things (http://www.target.com/p/munchkin-fresh-food-feeder-2pk/-/A-13991507).

• dleon621
    October 7, 2012 at 2:30 PM
    I would def buy the net feeder as the other mommas listed in this case will serve two purposes,to comfort baby gums and to make sure the baby is getting some type of liquid in its belly.fruits,veggies works wonderfully and nutritious too!
  • marisab
    by marisab
    October 7, 2012 at 4:25 PM

these work!!

Quoting signingmama2915:

we always use oragel, frozen washclothes, maybe even try frozen apple slices and put them in the fruit net things (http://www.target.com/p/munchkin-fresh-food-feeder-2pk/-/A-13991507).

• lilbit98
    October 7, 2012 at 5:18 PM

i never used orjel i have four it make their gum tough so it hurts more when the teeth come in...  there are these things called teething tablets at walmart but reasonable and they work... also help the baby sleep too.... when he cant bc of his teeth.... i used cold rags and tyneol... and ibpurfin you switch between the two... like tylneol every four hours and ibpurfin every six..... cna even saids its good.... i about study what to do... more catious since i took my cna class.... for sereveal reasons....

• LindaClement
    October 8, 2012 at 12:06 AM

What are you attempting to achieve?

Painlessness?

Nursing helps a lot (nothing like 90psi of pressure sucking those sore gums down off those nasty sharp things in there to offer immediate relief!)

So can cold spoons (my mom kept a glass of water in the fridge with a bunch of teaspoons for my sister --and presumably, me, but I don't remember that!)

Cold, damp facecloths can be nice, for the same reason. Some kids like them kind of scratchy, so not the lovely velour-finish ones...

Topical analgesics (orajel, etc.) may offer temporary relief... or just be annoying.

Sleeplessness?

Unfortunately, that's a function of the pain --they often don't notice so much when they're active and busy during the day, but in the dark as they come up from deep to light sleep, they do. There's not much else to do but comfort them, same as in the day... 

• Quinn525
    October 8, 2012 at 12:18 AM
    My son loved chewing on rubber duckies. They're easy to find, clean, can be frozen, and soft on the gums. At one point I had 15 duckies in my freezer.
  • kirbymom
    October 8, 2012 at 12:52 PM

You may also want to try the old fashioned clothing pins. The ones with the nubs on top. I also used a chicken leg bone, The baby loves to knaw on the bone since it has a great chicken flavor and it will sooth the aching gums at the same time. You may also want to try some peanut butter. A dab on your pinky is enough for the baby to take from you and smack their lips and aput pressure on their own gums trying to get all the peanut butter down. You can also use a forefinger to apply some pressure on the baby's gums for a few minutes. use a clean spoon and freeze it then pull it out and wrap a smal cloth around the handle and let the baby suck on it. Another tip is to get a baby cloth and wet it and put it in the refridgerator for about 15 minutes and then let the baby suck on it til it cools down and then repeat the process.  I always kept one thing going and switch them around so that the baby didn't get bored and not want the solution I was providing. 

These are the things I used in order to get through our teething period. I hope you are able to find a solution that wors for you. Good luck. :) 

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN