Featured Posts
EmEssaDuaa
So drained!
October 6, 2012 at 3:55 PM

This mommy here is more than tired.. I am so exhausted and drained and just out of it these days.. I don't know wht it is... I have my twins, cleaning, cooking, my sisters (3) and brother (1), my husband for whom I do EVERYTHING FOR! and all this on top of me :-/ I should be hapypy I just got back with my hubby after being apart for almost a year but instead im exhausted! We argue pretty much eceryday because he doesn;t sit and bond with his kids who has hasnt seen at all, the first time he saw them was 2 weeks ago at the airport and he doesn;t bond with them it bothers me he missed out on 8 months of there lifes he should be with them 24/7 trying to connect but he doesnt help at all! I take care of them both alone and he is here! Even midnight feedings, i get no sleep anymore!  And i take care of my siblings as well during the day so even if i wanted a nap I couldnt take one....I just don't know whats going on with me I hate feeling this way because I shouldn't be like this im only 20 and I feel like a middle aged women :( Advice?

Replies

• budgie1117
    October 6, 2012 at 3:58 PM
    Here's a bump and {{{HUGS}}}.
  • EmEssaDuaa
    October 6, 2012 at 4:02 PM

Quoting budgie1117:

Here's a bump and {{{HUGS}}}.

Thank youhugging

• TeaHound
    October 6, 2012 at 4:08 PM
    It's difficult to sort out of what you said whether you think you shouldn't have to do as much as you're doing or whether you think you should be anle to without feeling the way you do physically.
    Im asking b/c I'd like to help you if I can.
    Meanwhile, ((((hugs))))!
  • EmEssaDuaa
    October 6, 2012 at 4:26 PM

Quoting TeaHound:

It's difficult to sort out of what you said whether you think you shouldn't have to do as much as you're doing or whether you think you should be anle to without feeling the way you do physically.
    Im asking b/c I'd like to help you if I can.
    Meanwhile, ((((hugs))))!

Both really im young I shouldn't be this tired all the time, and I also feel like my husband should be pitching in and helping me out knowing that its alot for me to be doing right now :-/

• TeaHound
    October 6, 2012 at 4:36 PM
    I don't disagree that we can't do all the mom stuff our families need us to do by ourselves. I can't speak to whether or what your husband should be doing.
    As for how you feel, you are going to feel like you are overworked if you are overworking. Get outside, take a walk, and MAKE SURE YOU ARE DRINKING A LOT OF WATER!!!!!
  • LABELmeCUTE
    October 6, 2012 at 4:37 PM
    First things first,find a baby siter or make your husband take all the kids out for a whole day
    Second turn off your phone,take a nice hot bath & then get in the bed and sleep as long as you want
    After you catch up on your sleep. You'll feel refreshed, let your husband know how you feel & what he needs to do,if that doesn't work then you should leave him,because it doesn't seem like he's helping at all & that is only stressing you out,

Goodluck Moma, (:
  • EmEssaDuaa
    October 6, 2012 at 5:40 PM

Quoting LABELmeCUTE:

First things first,find a baby siter or make your husband take all the kids out for a whole day
    Second turn off your phone,take a nice hot bath & then get in the bed and sleep as long as you want
    After you catch up on your sleep. You'll feel refreshed, let your husband know how you feel & what he needs to do,if that doesn't work then you should leave him,because it doesn't seem like he's helping at all & that is only stressing you out,

Goodluck Moma, (:

I need to do that and totally would if he knew how to do the simple stuff. he doesnt know anything at all and won't take the time to learn it! I.E. Changing diapers, making bottles.....

• EmEssaDuaa
    October 6, 2012 at 5:41 PM

Quoting TeaHound:

I don't disagree that we can't do all the mom stuff our families need us to do by ourselves. I can't speak to whether or what your husband should be doing.
    As for how you feel, you are going to feel like you are overworked if you are overworking. Get outside, take a walk, and MAKE SURE YOU ARE DRINKING A LOT OF WATER!!!!!

Thanks I;ll try to take the time :)

• Kellyjude1
    October 6, 2012 at 6:23 PM

If you are doing this all by yourself no wonder your tired and you have every right to be.  Balancing it all can sometimes be difficult.  Not sure if you have the children on any type of schedule but this may help to give you some time for yourself.   Sometimes taking the children outside can help them release some of their energy.  This may help with nap time  or bed time.  Hopefully giving you some time for yourself.  Clearly you are overwhelmed and need some time for you.  Do you have anyone who cou ld possibly help and give you a break?  Try and sit down and talk to your husband he needs to understand and respect your feelings.  Your husband should be helping and working together would be best.  I hope things get better...

• CoeyG
    by CoeyG
    October 6, 2012 at 6:44 PM

Thing is that he does know how to do the simple things.  Men act like they don't to get out of doing things they don't want to do.  Whan baby needs changing hand him baby and tell him to do it then walk away, go do the laundry, or tend to one of the other kids, he will figure it out.  I left my daughter alone with her father while I went across the street to do the laundry.  I came back home he was reading to her from his Statistics book (She was less than a month old LOL) and he had changed a poopy diaper and the only thing he asked was if it was supposed to be that color.  I said yes and I praised him for a job well done (No the diaper wasn't perfect but he stepped up and did the job)

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN