Featured Posts
Cate1129
I can't even pee with the door closed!!!
October 4, 2012 at 8:01 PM

So I spend all day every day with my 15 month old. I am a sahm so he does not go to daycare. He is having some serious seperation anxiety! I can't leave a room for a second without him getting upset! Is he just spoiled to being with me? Should I just let him cry? Any advice for a mom who is quite frustrated???

Replies

• EvilQueenMommy
    October 6, 2012 at 6:11 PM

His fold up house goes up when I need to shower :)

Quoting crystal-boyd:

Haha i say that all the time. " Can't i just pee in peace". My three yr old still wont let me go ne where alone . She doent have fits nemore but its still very annoying.. " mom mom mom wat u doin wat u doin" . Im tryin to piss jezz! .... But ya id just let him cry it out he'll eventually find something to get into and distract himself. (hopefully) ... U cud try pullin out a new toy lik ur pots n pans so he doesn't notice u escaping to the potty.

• cupcake_mom
    October 6, 2012 at 6:15 PM

my dd did this at about the same age. i asked her pedi about what i can do, and you just have to let him cry. if you are going pee with the closed talk to him, tell him you are just going to the bathroom and will be done in a min. if you are washing dishes wash them and again tell him waht you are doing and that mommy will be right back. he will learn that you really will be right back and grow out of it soon. 

• bellaamore
    October 6, 2012 at 6:19 PM
    My almost ten month old does this, too.
    I have no advice,
  • mcr17
    by mcr17
    October 6, 2012 at 6:21 PM

i thing he is being dramatic. he knows that if he makes enough of a fuss, hes getting what he wants.

id let him cry. it would be different if he was a baby.

• Jenni_Lynne71
    October 6, 2012 at 6:44 PM
    My kids did that when they were that age. It is perfectly normal and they will outgrow it. I just let them cry it out. It was really bad trying to leave them in the church nursery. Lol. It will get better.
  • babygirl3112005
    October 6, 2012 at 6:50 PM
    I have the same problem with my husband. I go to the bathroom and suddenly he wants to talk.
  • lullabylily
    October 6, 2012 at 6:51 PM
    It's a phase and children will grow out of it. I work FT so whenever I am home my kids would follow me everywhere, they won't let me be out of their sight. Both my kids were like yours, wont even let me use the bathroom in peace so I use that phase to potty train them. Every time I need to use the bathroom I would let them know that mommy needs to go pee-pee and tell them that may be you want to pee-pee too and then we both went to the bathroom and DS/DD would copy everything I am doing so voila..... All my kids are potty trained very early, before 2 years old they are off diapers LOL
  • woolftwo
    October 6, 2012 at 6:56 PM

That's funny. . . . I have this problem with my CAT!!! She follows me EVERYWHERE!!! Including the bathroom, and will proceed to try and make a bed in my jeans when they're down around my ankles!

Sorry, not trying to make light of your frustration. But like everyone else has suggested, it will get better! Just wait until about Middle School when they don't want to be seen with you then you'll wish for the toddler days back!

• lwalker270
    October 6, 2012 at 6:57 PM

You are not alone...

• erica7227
    October 6, 2012 at 7:03 PM
    Well look at the bright side, at least you get to stay home with your kid...
Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN