Advice for Moms

Cate1129
I can't even pee with the door closed!!!
October 4, 2012 at 8:01 PM

So I spend all day every day with my 15 month old. I am a sahm so he does not go to daycare. He is having some serious seperation anxiety! I can't leave a room for a second without him getting upset! Is he just spoiled to being with me? Should I just let him cry? Any advice for a mom who is quite frustrated???

Replies

• 1lv2stks3nlz4ev
    October 6, 2012 at 10:35 AM

Wait.... pee with the door closed? Whats that? My kids are (bonus, step and bio) are between 22 (with a child of her own) and 13 and I still can't sit down to pee without someone needing SOMETHING or to talk to me right that minute.  The only reason I get to shower in peace is cause I do it when everyone is asleep or not here.

• 12yrmama
    October 6, 2012 at 10:38 AM

If you don't go to playgroups/storytime you might want to start. Just show him there are other poeple and let him play with other babies, then when he's home he may enjoy his own time more. But this really is just what happens with all toddlers.

• SouthTxPrincess
    October 6, 2012 at 10:46 AM
    Well I would love to tell you they grow out of it but my almost three year old still goes with me. She just potty trained a few months ago so I think its still normal.
  • miamase10
    October 6, 2012 at 10:48 AM
    Mine to!!!

Quoting Smilely08:

My 2 year old is the exact same way he goes everywhere I do!
  • O.Schmidt
    October 6, 2012 at 11:08 AM

My 5 year old still walks in the door while I'm in the bathroom. We have gotten to the point we just leave the door open. My husband closes it and locks it, but when its just her and I, the door is always open. Been like that since she started crawling and walking.

• Threes.Company
    October 6, 2012 at 11:24 AM

I'd just let him cry.  If you need to go to the bathroom for a minute, he isn't going to have a crying-induced medical problem in one minute.  I would just verbally reassure him that you will be right back and let him cry.  Don't ignore it or act like his feelings don't matter.  Make sure you acknowledge that he is feeling scared that Mommy has left for a minute, but that Mommy will be right back.  Then when you are back, tell him, "See, Mommy came back, just like I told you!"

• cuauhtemocsmom
    October 6, 2012 at 11:27 AM
    Yeah I remember those times. It does pass. Now I'm at the he is on his own and he doesn't cry at all when I leave him at the sitters
  • mickstinator
    October 6, 2012 at 11:38 AM

power through it, mama. that's what kids do! it's annoying, but a little endearing...but still annoying.

• MomOf3Girls1130
    October 6, 2012 at 11:48 AM

i have 3 girls ages 7, 5 & 2 ....let me just say i cannot even use the bathroom/shower with the door closed! so when i read this title on the main page i said OMG im not the only one!!! :) I thought it was just me. even if my husband is home, i go into the shower, shut the door--God forbid i lock it, there will be big drama with my 2 y/o lol. each kid has to come in, never fails, even to just ask a question! im like omg i cannot even have bathroom time alone!!! 

with your situtation, my 2 y/o is the same way. she wont even go somewhere with her father (my husband!) unless im coming. my husband wanted to take all the girls out to the park near the house, let me have some time alone, but did that happen? NO! i had to tag along b/c my 2 y/o insisted i came. she cried to the point of peeing in her underpants. so i dont want to clean up accidents, i just went. talk about annoying and stressful.

• kirbymom
    October 6, 2012 at 12:36 PM

Aww ~ Hugs. I so know what you mean! My 3 yr old is still like that. lol  It is very normal. And since I have 7 kids, I have had to go through this a few times. LOL  Privacy is never the same when we become parents. :)  

Advice for Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts