Advice for Moms

Featured Posts
Cate1129
I can't even pee with the door closed!!!
October 4, 2012 at 8:01 PM

So I spend all day every day with my 15 month old. I am a sahm so he does not go to daycare. He is having some serious seperation anxiety! I can't leave a room for a second without him getting upset! Is he just spoiled to being with me? Should I just let him cry? Any advice for a mom who is quite frustrated???

Replies

• Bleacheddecay
    October 4, 2012 at 8:43 PM

This is normal and it will pass. Be patient. *hugs*

• Smilely08
    October 4, 2012 at 9:08 PM
    My 2 year old is the exact same way he goes everywhere I do!
  • Amberleigh81
    October 4, 2012 at 9:10 PM
    Welcome to my life. It gets better? :)
  • crystal-boyd
    October 4, 2012 at 9:30 PM
    Haha i say that all the time. " Can't i just pee in peace". My three yr old still wont let me go ne where alone . She doent have fits nemore but its still very annoying.. " mom mom mom wat u doin wat u doin" . Im tryin to piss jezz! .... But ya id just let him cry it out he'll eventually find something to get into and distract himself. (hopefully) ... U cud try pullin out a new toy lik ur pots n pans so he doesn't notice u escaping to the potty.
  • -PB
    by -PB
    October 4, 2012 at 9:38 PM

Yep.  I couldn't enforce bathroom privacy until my dd started potty training, so around 2 1/2 years old.

• alexis_06
    October 4, 2012 at 10:44 PM

when my daughter did that, i just let her cry...it's not like "i'm gone" for hours..lol..its a minute!!  crying for one minute wont hurt anyone!

• bellebear
    October 5, 2012 at 1:11 AM
    Me too same thing!! My son will scream if I pee or do anything without him. Most of the time he comes with me since he is potty training! He goes when I go.
  • PinkButterfly66
    October 5, 2012 at 1:15 AM

Totally normal.  I couldn't go to the bathroom by myself either when my daughter was that age.  Leave the door open if you two are the only ones home.  He'll out grow it.

• Cate1129
    October 5, 2012 at 9:02 AM
    As long as this is normal and temporary! I will survive! It just sucks not to be able to leave his sight without inciting wailing of dramatic proportions! Lol Thanks for the input ladies! At least I know I'm not alone!
  • victoriaherring
    October 5, 2012 at 9:05 AM
    I let my daughter cry too. I put one of the safety things on the door handle so she couldn't open the door either.

Quoting alexis_06:

when my daughter did that, i just let her cry...it's not like "i'm gone" for hours..lol..its a minute!!  crying for one minute wont hurt anyone!

Advice for Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts