Featured Posts
Cate1129
I can't even pee with the door closed!!!
October 4, 2012 at 8:01 PM

So I spend all day every day with my 15 month old. I am a sahm so he does not go to daycare. He is having some serious seperation anxiety! I can't leave a room for a second without him getting upset! Is he just spoiled to being with me? Should I just let him cry? Any advice for a mom who is quite frustrated???

Replies

• Bleacheddecay
    October 4, 2012 at 8:43 PM

This is normal and it will pass. Be patient. *hugs*

• Smilely08
    October 4, 2012 at 9:08 PM
    My 2 year old is the exact same way he goes everywhere I do!
  • Amberleigh81
    October 4, 2012 at 9:10 PM
    Welcome to my life. It gets better? :)
  • crystal-boyd
    October 4, 2012 at 9:30 PM
    Haha i say that all the time. " Can't i just pee in peace". My three yr old still wont let me go ne where alone . She doent have fits nemore but its still very annoying.. " mom mom mom wat u doin wat u doin" . Im tryin to piss jezz! .... But ya id just let him cry it out he'll eventually find something to get into and distract himself. (hopefully) ... U cud try pullin out a new toy lik ur pots n pans so he doesn't notice u escaping to the potty.
  • -PB
    by -PB
    October 4, 2012 at 9:38 PM

Yep.  I couldn't enforce bathroom privacy until my dd started potty training, so around 2 1/2 years old.

• alexis_06
    October 4, 2012 at 10:44 PM

when my daughter did that, i just let her cry...it's not like "i'm gone" for hours..lol..its a minute!!  crying for one minute wont hurt anyone!

• bellebear
    October 5, 2012 at 1:11 AM
    Me too same thing!! My son will scream if I pee or do anything without him. Most of the time he comes with me since he is potty training! He goes when I go.
  • PinkButterfly66
    October 5, 2012 at 1:15 AM

Totally normal.  I couldn't go to the bathroom by myself either when my daughter was that age.  Leave the door open if you two are the only ones home.  He'll out grow it.

• Cate1129
    October 5, 2012 at 9:02 AM
    As long as this is normal and temporary! I will survive! It just sucks not to be able to leave his sight without inciting wailing of dramatic proportions! Lol Thanks for the input ladies! At least I know I'm not alone!
  • victoriaherring
    October 5, 2012 at 9:05 AM
    I let my daughter cry too. I put one of the safety things on the door handle so she couldn't open the door either.

Quoting alexis_06:

when my daughter did that, i just let her cry...it's not like "i'm gone" for hours..lol..its a minute!!  crying for one minute wont hurt anyone!

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN