Featured Posts
cricket9010
when to introduce the guy im dating?
October 3, 2012 at 2:49 PM
I'm a mother of two toddlers. My daughter is 4 and my son is 3. Their dad and I split 2yrs ago. I started to date 6mo after we split. I've had one boyfriend (he had no children) I didn't introduce my children to him until we were together for 5mo. He took a job three hours away and I don't want a long distance relationship so we went our seprate ways. I'm starting to date again and I'm wondering when is a "good time" to introduce another man to them! Does it matter if he has kids or not? Because the last guy I dated didn't have any of his own it was kinda odd when we spent time together with my kids at first because he never saw the "mommy" side of me.

Replies

• LuLuRex
    by LuLuRex
    October 3, 2012 at 4:58 PM

I personally would wait a long time and not do it unless I thought the new guy was marriage material. Your kids are at pretty vulnerable and impressionable ages.

• iheartmycinco
    October 3, 2012 at 5:03 PM
    You will know when the time is right. I will say I introduced my BF earlier than I think I normally would have because our boys are the same age.
  • CoeyG
    by CoeyG
    October 3, 2012 at 5:12 PM

Since when does 5 hours away constitute a "long distance" relationship?  Try seeing someone who lives 3,000 miles away and an 8 hour flight to see.  

As far as dating goes there is nothing wrong with introducing a man to your kids as your friend.  However if you are planning anything else you might want to think twice.  What is it you want out of the relationship?  Does he want the samething?  Does he like kids?  Is he willing to include the kids in some of your dates with him?  

• PINKmyfavcolor
    October 4, 2012 at 12:43 PM

I agree.

Quoting CoeyG:

Since when does 5 hours away constitute a "long distance" relationship?  Try seeing someone who lives 3,000 miles away and an 8 hour flight to see.  

As far as dating goes there is nothing wrong with introducing a man to your kids as your friend.  However if you are planning anything else you might want to think twice.  What is it you want out of the relationship?  Does he want the samething?  Does he like kids?  Is he willing to include the kids in some of your dates with him?  

• Reina13
    by Reina13
    October 7, 2012 at 9:59 AM

I don't really think there is certain time frame. I think you should do it when you are most comfortable with it. Your children, you set the pace.

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN