Advice for Moms

starlynn2012
Questioning my parnter on if he is right...
October 3, 2012 at 1:18 PM

Hello everyone I am 24 years old a mother of four. My oldest three are from a previous relationship, and my newest addidtion is from the guy I am with now. We have been together for two years on the 30th of this month. I am having a really hard time with him. I have a bad past of drug use and stupid things. been sober for two years but we live in a area were my past is always right there. So when someone finds me on facebook or something I have even had some get ahold of my number he makes it all my fault. Actually everything that goes wrong in our relationship is all my fault and I need help i love him so much but to a point I can't take it. I do everything a mother and wife is so post to do cook, clean take care of the kids no breaks... It just seems like I will never be good enough for him and it is really starting to get to me HELP please...

Replies

• amonkeymom
    October 3, 2012 at 1:51 PM

hugs  Only you can decide if this is a relationship worth continuing, but I don't think I could be with someone who blamed me for everything.

• LuLuRex
    by LuLuRex
    October 3, 2012 at 4:45 PM

Maybe you should try some couple counseling to help work through some of your issues.

• PINKmyfavcolor
    October 4, 2012 at 12:41 PM

You need to do some soul searching and find out whether you want to try to make it work through counseling and such or if you're ready to move on without him.

• Reina13
    by Reina13
    October 7, 2012 at 9:21 AM

Im so sorry that you are constantly faced with your past. I think that you need to seriously consider if this is how you want to live life and make some decisions. Good luck mama, I know it cannot be easy.

• atlmom2
    by atlmom2
    October 7, 2012 at 9:25 AM
    He sounds like a jerk. Why did you have a kid with him.
  • starlynn2012
    October 8, 2012 at 6:49 PM
    Me and him meet at a very difficult time in both our lifes me just getting my kids back after losing them to my parents due to my drug addiction, and he just got out of prison after doing five years. He is the first guy that I have been with that is close to my age we are exactly 15 months apart. So his young in some ways we lean on each other a lot to stay out of trouble and on the right track. But does he need to grow up yes by far he does. Its just hard I love him and keep praying its gonna hit him and he is gonna change, but i'm to another point that is the wait worth it..
  • robyann
    by robyann
    October 8, 2012 at 7:11 PM

You say your only 24 and he's about the same age. 24 is very young for a man. They don't mature as quickly as women. It's hard when you both have serious issues in your past that you are working hard to stay away from. It is possible to make this relationship work, but it takes 2, and a lot of work, committment and trust.

• xoxRachelxox
    October 8, 2012 at 7:15 PM

Sit down and tell him that you can't help it if someone contacts you. He needs to trust you. If he can't do that then maybe you two need to take a break?

• CoeyG
    by CoeyG
    October 8, 2012 at 7:56 PM

You have control over who you friend and who you block on Face Book so if you allow them to contacrt you via Face Book it is your fault.  Change your phone number and stop giving it out, and if by any change they do get your number don't talk to them when they call, hang up, it is your fault if you don't  

• frndlyfn
    October 8, 2012 at 8:03 PM

I personally dont think either are ready for a good relationship.  He has to understand that yes you made mistakes in the past but you are doing your best to stop the cycle.   He has done things wrong as well so it cant be all you.

Advice for Moms