Advice for Moms

Featured Posts
lilyrose2011
sleeping through the night?
October 3, 2012 at 8:12 AM

so my Lil one is a month over a year old and we are tryin to get her to sleep all night...some nights she sleeps all night and some nights she wakes up 5 or 6 times to be binkid back to sleep. we are tryin to get her to sleep in her own room without having to wake up  alot to go put her binki back in her mouth to get her to fall back asleep. some nights she doesnt even need or want her binki and we are tryin to wean her off of it anywayz. She also wakes up and if we arnt in the room and she notices then she freaks out because shes never not been away from one of us. does anyone have any advice on how i can get her to sleep all night without a binki or just to sleep all night in general, and how to get her to sleep in her own room??

Replies

• LancesMom
    October 3, 2012 at 10:13 AM

Is she still getting naps? I would try eliminating one so she is tired. And keep trying to ween her off her binky! Good Luck!

• atlmom2
    by atlmom2
    October 3, 2012 at 10:15 AM
    Ween naps. Kids are all different. I had one sleep all night, first night home. 2nd one didn't until 5 months. That was a nightmare for me.
  • lilyrose2011
    October 3, 2012 at 11:03 AM

she usually only takes one nap a day for about a hour...very rarly she takes two and its really short like 20 min. she only wakes up to be get her binki. haha im deffantly struggling with weaning her off her binky to.

Quoting LancesMom:

Is she still getting naps? I would try eliminating one so she is tired. And keep trying to ween her off her binky! Good Luck!

• tjane3000
    October 3, 2012 at 12:06 PM

We are in the same boat girl! lol My son is almost 15mo and he still wakes up wanting to sleep with us or for the binki. We tried the cio method but it backfired on us. He became afraid of his crib thinking it was a bad place where we let him cry. Also my Dr said now is the time where they start to dream wich could be interrupting sleep. I'm a sucker and I usually end up letting him sleep with me, I don't recomend it lol Sorry i'm not much help. Just wanted you to know you are not alone!

• Mommy2justone
    October 3, 2012 at 12:08 PM

I still co-sleep so that is my suggestion. But if that doesn't work for you, just keep reassuring her by going back into the room when she needs you.

• tisami1
    by tisami1
    October 3, 2012 at 12:33 PM

I did it in steps. First went nursing/food at night, then went co-sleeping, then rocking to sleep and recently the paci. Each step took a few weeks, a lot of patience, but at 16 months he is (mostly) sleeping through the night. If he does wake up, its usually only for a quick snuggle.

• Lindalou907
    October 4, 2012 at 12:08 AM

Does she have one of those clips that keep the binky attached to her pj's? Teach her how to find it herself. Leave her in her crib,let her cry a few minutes before you go in,and each time a little longer,she'll learn to put herself back to sleep. You and your husband need your sleep.

• alexis_06
    October 4, 2012 at 1:01 AM

if you dont want her to have it anymore....get rid of it...if it's there, it's an option..otherwise - outta sight, outta mind!!

• frndlyfn
    October 4, 2012 at 1:13 AM

My dd did not sleep all the way through the night until after age 2 yrs.  Some of the nights she may be feeling growth spurts.  I would allow her to have the pacifier for a bit longer.  Perhaps have a white noise machine in her room to help lull the sleeping.

• lilyrose2011
    October 4, 2012 at 8:06 AM

well last night was her first night in her crib in her bedroom and it actually went really good.i only had to go in there two time once for a binki and then the second time just to cover her up with her blanky...its her special blanky that she cant be without haha. it went pretty good untill this morning when she usually wakes up. she got really scared because she couldnt see us or find us. but i think it will get better the more i keep puttin her to sleep in there

Advice for Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts