Advice for Moms

Featured Posts
Bmat
My husband doesn't check his pockets before laundry
by Bmat
August 15, 2012 at 3:27 AM

Yes I could check them, but it seems like an extra task for me, and I'm unenthusiastic about grabbing some of the stuff he puts in his pockets when working in the garage or outside anyway. I've joked about how clean his fold up knife is now, I've told him seriously that the metal items damage the clothes in the laundry and can damage the machines. Shall I just go ahead and take on the check the pockets task?

Replies

• Cchancey10
    August 16, 2012 at 5:02 PM
    Just check the pockets. It's not that hard to feel pockets before you throw them in the washer. I do it daily.
  • bec94
    by bec94
    August 16, 2012 at 5:02 PM
    I always check the pockets. I get to keep whatever money I find :-) plus I don't like ink pens exploding in the washer or dryer.
  • Bmat
    by Bmat
    August 16, 2012 at 5:03 PM

You don't actually stick your fingers in the pockets?  I think I wouldn't mind just feeling the outside of the pockets, I just don't want to stick my fingers in and encounter a dirty tissue or a bug or whatever.

Quoting Cchancey10:

Just check the pockets. It's not that hard to feel pockets before you throw them in the washer. I do it daily.

• lauriebash
    August 16, 2012 at 5:10 PM

Mine doesn't either. I didn't realize it all the time, because obviously, it has all been slipping down into the washing machine pump. When the repair guy came, I recovered about $4 worth of very polished coins. I now have a new machine! $600 later, he promises he will be more careful.

Go ahead and bash about me not doing it. He is a plumber and bike mechanic. I have squished my hands into the most repulsive junk that you could ever imagine. Between him and teen boys, no way in hell am I reaching in for anything unknown.

• proudmomof2653
    August 16, 2012 at 5:12 PM

girl go and do it, you will probably find money in there one day.  Men rarely get the stuff out the pockets before laundry day,I kept telling mine to put his work shirts in the hamper 50,000 times before he got the drift so check those pockets, you might find something good.

• Bmat
    by Bmat
    August 16, 2012 at 5:14 PM

LOL! Not about the expense of replacing the machine but about not reaching into the unknown.

Quoting lauriebash:

Mine doesn't either. I didn't realize it all the time, because obviously, it has all been slipping down into the washing machine pump. When the repair guy came, I recovered about $4 worth of very polished coins. I now have a new machine! $600 later, he promises he will be more careful.

Go ahead and bash about me not doing it. He is a plumber and bike mechanic. I have squished my hands into the most repulsive junk that you could ever imagine. Between him and teen boys, no way in hell am I reaching in for anything unknown.

• Bmat
    by Bmat
    August 16, 2012 at 5:15 PM

:)   I might.   Lately it has been screws, paper cutters,  a couple bolts.

Quoting proudmomof2653:

girl go and do it, you will probably find money in there one day.  Men rarely get the stuff out the pockets before laundry day,I kept telling mine to put his work shirts in the hamper 50,000 times before he got the drift so check those pockets, you might find something good.

• ChancesMommy07
    August 16, 2012 at 5:20 PM

I check everyones pockets when I wash clothes. I've left stuff in mine before too and it really doesnt add that much time to how long im standing in front of the washer.

• Cchancey10
    August 16, 2012 at 5:24 PM
    I do, I was just saying for her if it's that big of a deal to check then at least feel them to make sure there isn't anything. I always check all pockets on everything. I have never once found that my husband brought home a bug or didn't throw away a tissue. I always find papers, handcuff keys, and pens. Sometimes money but not often.

Quoting Bmat:

You don't actually stick your fingers in the pockets?  I think I wouldn't mind just feeling the outside of the pockets, I just don't want to stick my fingers in and encounter a dirty tissue or a bug or whatever.

Quoting Cchancey10:

• nerdymom28
    August 16, 2012 at 5:26 PM

I do. My SO leaves chapstick in his jeans constantly. It ruins the other clothes when he does that. He's also been known to leave candy and pens in his pockets...it's a disaster. If I didn't check his pockets we'd constantly be buying new clothes for everyone.

Advice for Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts