Featured Posts
Bmat
My husband doesn't check his pockets before laundry
by Bmat
August 15, 2012 at 3:27 AM

Yes I could check them, but it seems like an extra task for me, and I'm unenthusiastic about grabbing some of the stuff he puts in his pockets when working in the garage or outside anyway. I've joked about how clean his fold up knife is now, I've told him seriously that the metal items damage the clothes in the laundry and can damage the machines. Shall I just go ahead and take on the check the pockets task?

Replies

• elephantmamaof2
    August 16, 2012 at 10:30 AM
    I would, my husband never remembers to check his either, and he's a plumber so I find some crazy things tumbling in the dryer! On a positive note, I started putting all of the change and dollar bills I would find in a secret spot and then cashed them in when we went on vacation! My husband was really surprised that through the year he had left almost $200 in his pockets!
  • Tranla
    by Tranla
    August 16, 2012 at 11:57 AM
    It's a good thing my husband empties his pockets because I hardly ever think to check. I'm more likely to wash things that I've left in pockets.
  • raegan1221
    August 16, 2012 at 11:58 AM

I would..probably the only way it'll get done. I check SO's pockets.

• CrazyLife1996
    August 16, 2012 at 2:25 PM
    I do it only takes me a second longer. No biggie.
  • happinessforyou
    August 16, 2012 at 3:11 PM

Nope- I do so much as it is-I drew the line at reaching into pockets and getting out dirty tissues! ICK. After about the 3rd time his wallet got washed he learned...

• Bmat
    by Bmat
    August 16, 2012 at 4:59 PM

$200!!  Nice!  That is one thing my husband does remove from his pockets- money. :(

Quoting elephantmamaof2:

I would, my husband never remembers to check his either, and he's a plumber so I find some crazy things tumbling in the dryer! On a positive note, I started putting all of the change and dollar bills I would find in a secret spot and then cashed them in when we went on vacation! My husband was really surprised that through the year he had left almost $200 in his pockets!

• Bmat
    by Bmat
    August 16, 2012 at 4:59 PM

I agree, I don't really want to reach into a yucky pocket.

Quoting happinessforyou:

Nope- I do so much as it is-I drew the line at reaching into pockets and getting out dirty tissues! ICK. After about the 3rd time his wallet got washed he learned...

• Bmat
    by Bmat
    August 16, 2012 at 5:00 PM

I'm afraid that this is the way it is headed for me, too.

Quoting raegan1221:

I would..probably the only way it'll get done. I check SO's pockets.

• Bmat
    by Bmat
    August 16, 2012 at 5:01 PM

I can always tell when my husband has a cold, there are tissues left in his pockets that go through the laundry and end up all over the clothes.

Quoting happinessforyou:

• CherryBlossom4
    August 16, 2012 at 5:02 PM

I would. It only takes a few seconds and really isn't that big of a deal. I'll tell you what, though... if he left money in his pockets... mama's getting herself some starbucks the next day ;o)

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN