Featured Posts
Bmat
My husband doesn't check his pockets before laundry
by Bmat
August 15, 2012 at 3:27 AM

Yes I could check them, but it seems like an extra task for me, and I'm unenthusiastic about grabbing some of the stuff he puts in his pockets when working in the garage or outside anyway. I've joked about how clean his fold up knife is now, I've told him seriously that the metal items damage the clothes in the laundry and can damage the machines. Shall I just go ahead and take on the check the pockets task?

Replies

• hlplay82
    September 16, 2012 at 9:51 PM

Just quit doing his laundry! Or make sure to keep all the money you find when clearing out pockets. I've even told my kiddos that they are old enough to not leave stuff in their pockets, and if I find money, it's mine. (I usually don't end up with more than a couple pennies and dimes per load, so it takes awhile to add up.)

• LucyHarper
    September 16, 2012 at 10:43 PM

I always check all pockets before I do the laundry, as does my husband, not worth ruining the washing machine or breaking something in left in a pocket when it takes all of ten seconds to check for objects them.

• Bmat
    by Bmat
    September 17, 2012 at 7:15 PM

:)  My husband is savvy enough that he rarely leaves money.

Quoting hlplay82:

Just quit doing his laundry! Or make sure to keep all the money you find when clearing out pockets. I've even told my kiddos that they are old enough to not leave stuff in their pockets, and if I find money, it's mine. (I usually don't end up with more than a couple pennies and dimes per load, so it takes awhile to add up.)

• Bmat
    by Bmat
    September 17, 2012 at 7:15 PM

I know you are right,  I just don't want to touch dirty tissues.

Quoting LucyHarper:

I always check all pockets before I do the laundry, as does my husband, not worth ruining the washing machine or breaking something in left in a pocket when it takes all of ten seconds to check for objects them.

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts