Advice for Moms

Bmat
My husband doesn't check his pockets before laundry
by Bmat
August 15, 2012 at 3:27 AM

Yes I could check them, but it seems like an extra task for me, and I'm unenthusiastic about grabbing some of the stuff he puts in his pockets when working in the garage or outside anyway. I've joked about how clean his fold up knife is now, I've told him seriously that the metal items damage the clothes in the laundry and can damage the machines. Shall I just go ahead and take on the check the pockets task?

Replies

• Jess__C
    by Jess__C
    August 16, 2012 at 9:27 AM
    I love it. Why can't men just empty there pockets at the end of the day before they put their clothes in the laundry basket? Hahahahahaha in the laundry basket !! Right!! Lol.
    I always do it because the screw and electrical do-dads would wreck the washing machine. I've saved some important checks.
    Anybody else's hubby wear cargo shorts? I HATE having to check 5-8 pockets per pant!
  • ScrChk23
    August 16, 2012 at 9:40 AM
    Check the pockets. Any money is yours. Anything else goes into a bag or box and hide it from him. He'll get the hint when he needs stuff that is missing. 'the washer or dryer monster got it'.
  • Bmat
    by Bmat
    August 16, 2012 at 9:54 AM

laughingThis is a concern- the metal stuff and wires that can damage the machines. 

Quoting Jess__C:

I love it. Why can't men just empty there pockets at the end of the day before they put their clothes in the laundry basket? Hahahahahaha in the laundry basket !! Right!! Lol.
    I always do it because the screw and electrical do-dads would wreck the washing machine. I've saved some important checks.
    Anybody else's hubby wear cargo shorts? I HATE having to check 5-8 pockets per pant!

• Bmat
    by Bmat
    August 16, 2012 at 9:55 AM

I don't think he'd miss it-  but this is an idea- if it ever does come to something he'd miss, have it put aside and then when he realizes that it was in the laundry, then maybe he'd learn.

Quoting ScrChk23:

Check the pockets. Any money is yours. Anything else goes into a bag or box and hide it from him. He'll get the hint when he needs stuff that is missing. 'the washer or dryer monster got it'.

• ScrChk23
    August 16, 2012 at 10:20 AM
    I found some money my BF left in his pocket once. I told him it was mine now.

Quoting Bmat:

I don't think he'd miss it-  but this is an idea- if it ever does come to something he'd miss, have it put aside and then when he realizes that it was in the laundry, then maybe he'd learn.

Quoting ScrChk23:

• EmmaGlenn20
    August 16, 2012 at 10:22 AM
    Neither does mine. There are always reciepts and pens in his pockets. His socks are always inside out, too. Really bugs me but I fix them anyway.
  • TeaHound
    August 16, 2012 at 10:22 AM
    Welcome to marriage and men. That's a complaint as old as pockets. Lol
  • rebeccasmommy09
    August 16, 2012 at 10:26 AM
    My dh is the same way but with pens in his uniforms. He has some nice ink stains thanks to that, lol! I do try to remember to check as I put things in the wash. No matter how many times I mention it, he's gonna forget so it's easier to just check myself. After 10+ years of marriage it's just part of my wash routine now.
  • Mommy2justone
    August 16, 2012 at 10:27 AM

yeah, i do anyway, I have a rock collector for a daughter.

• aidenmomplus4
    August 16, 2012 at 10:28 AM

It's one of the lovely task of being the one that does the laundry, step 1 sort the clothes, step 2 check the pockets, step 3 apply stain removed, step 4 but it in the laundry lol It's just the way things are. 

Advice for Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts