Featured Posts
kroegerashley20
My baby NEVER sleeps plez help
August 11, 2012 at 12:47 PM

Ok so My baby oy is one month ould and he never sleeps. I am not joking he gets up at 5:30 or 6 am every day and is up all day till about 11pm. if he does fall asleep druing the day it is only for 2 or 3 min. at a time. he can get kinda fussy but not really ever that bad. he manly only crys when he ppops which is anothe problen i need advice n. it seems like it hurts him to ppop. he is on formula (newborn infamill) becuse i had to go back to work and he wont take my brestmilk out of a bottle. If any of you may know whats wrong with him or maby have some ideas on what i could to help him sleep and or poop with out crying plez let me know. my hubby think we should take hime to the doctor to fined out whats wrong but idk if there is anything really wrong. so i am trying to wait till his 2month check up. plez help me i really need some sleep. thank u. :)

Replies

• emmy526
    by emmy526
    August 11, 2012 at 12:51 PM

He's probably on the wrong formula, and if you keep trying he will take your milk eventually.....the wrong formula can give him gas and and upset stomach as well, making him not sleep.  he could just be sensitive to the milk proteins in the formula

• .shank.
    by .shank.
    August 11, 2012 at 12:52 PM
    *sigh*
  • amirahsmommy11
    August 11, 2012 at 12:54 PM
    Definetley check with his pedi the formula is probably upsetting his tummy .....as for sleeping Idk my dd didn't sleep much either when she was a newborn...
  • kroegerashley20
    August 11, 2012 at 12:55 PM

Quoting emmy526:

He's probably on the wrong formula, and if you keep trying he will take your milk eventually.....the wrong formula can give him gas and and upset stomach as well, making him not sleep.  he could just be sensitive to the milk proteins in the formula

i did ask his doctor be4 i put him on formula what kid i should use and she is the one who put him on it. i am not use to using formula at all when i had my daughter who is now 5 i was only 17 and at home with my mom and dad so i didnt go back to work so she was brest feed till she was oldenught for baby food.

• raye-chan
    August 11, 2012 at 12:59 PM

Sounds like he needs to be switched to a new kind of formula. You can also offer him a couple ounces or so of your breastmilk at a time if you really want to give him breastmilk. 

It sounds like your little guy has some issues though with the formula so switching to a formula that's made for sensitive tummies might help him.

• emmy526
    by emmy526
    August 11, 2012 at 1:01 PM

or mix the breast milk in w/formula and slowly add more n more breast milk, if your goal is to have him drink only bm...

• CoeyG
    by CoeyG
    August 11, 2012 at 3:03 PM

Quoting .shank.:

*sigh*

I agree

• thedathree
    August 11, 2012 at 3:07 PM
    I would just call the nurse at your doctors office. She will probably recommend bringing him in. its probably better to be on the safe side with a newborn.
  • lilmama8408
    August 11, 2012 at 3:08 PM
    You can use enfamile gentlease. Its for gassy babies. Formula can make it harder for them poop. My daughter is mostly breastfed but when she drains me and is still hungry we use formula and we noticed she gets more gassy and poops hurt her more. Or try gas drops.

Have you tried a swing or bouncer?
    Walking, patting of the butt?
    Using sleep time baby lotion?

Sometimes I let my daughter fuss for a couple minutes if she's been fed, changed, and burped... then she will take her paci and with my patting her butt she falls asleep
Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts