Advice for Moms

lovinmommy0f3
High blood pressure
January 8, 2012 at 9:03 AM
I have it as does 90% of my family on my dads side.  I've been taking medication for it for about 5 years now.  I have been able to control it with diet and excercise but if I slip at all it creeps back.  I have 2 pills, 1 for high blood pressure and 1 water pill.  Well I've been out of my water pill for several days and haven't called to refill yet.  OMG, I am so swollen I can't even take off my wedding ring!  Do any of you have this problem?  Anyone have any suggestions for all this water retention?  I really need to get in and talk to my dr again just don;t have the money right now.

Replies

• Bmat
    by Bmat
    January 8, 2012 at 9:09 AM

Don't add salt to your food, don't eat salty foods. Good luck!

• lovinmommy0f3
    January 8, 2012 at 10:09 AM
    Thank you, I will definitely cut back on the salt intake.
  • theycallmemom4
    January 8, 2012 at 10:10 AM
    Also drink more water
  • Jadegirl1819
    January 8, 2012 at 10:14 AM

Definately watch your sodium.  It's more than just the salt you add to the food.  I have just found out I have high blood pressure, cholesterol, etc.  so I have been watching it.  I don't have a big problem with retaining water but I have read a lot about how green tea is a natural diuretic. 

• lovinmommy0f3
    January 8, 2012 at 10:18 AM
    I've have a friend who loves green tea. I'll have to try it.
  • itsallabtthem84
    January 8, 2012 at 10:49 AM

Yep!

Quoting Bmat:

Don't add salt to your food, don't eat salty foods. Good luck!

• TigerofMu
    January 8, 2012 at 3:38 PM

I have no idea, but that sounds like logical advice.

• SweetLuci
    January 8, 2012 at 3:59 PM

Why have you not called to get a refill. Your health is too important to do things like this. You are endangering yourself. Call now and get the refill.

• Kiwismommy19
    January 8, 2012 at 4:17 PM
    Not sure how it would be with the other med you're on, but pamprin, one of the pms otc pills, has a diuretic in it.
    My daughter was on a blood pressure pill for her heart problem and her doctor said to have her drink so much in a day, and to watch her sodium intake. Check the sodium lables on the foods you eat.
    Good luck!
  • Arwynn
    by Arwynn
    January 8, 2012 at 4:26 PM
    Watch your sodium intake. Drink water but also diuretics like tea to relieve some of the fluid.

Advice for Moms