Featured Posts
lovinmommy0f3
High blood pressure
January 8, 2012 at 9:03 AM
I have it as does 90% of my family on my dads side.  I've been taking medication for it for about 5 years now.  I have been able to control it with diet and excercise but if I slip at all it creeps back.  I have 2 pills, 1 for high blood pressure and 1 water pill.  Well I've been out of my water pill for several days and haven't called to refill yet.  OMG, I am so swollen I can't even take off my wedding ring!  Do any of you have this problem?  Anyone have any suggestions for all this water retention?  I really need to get in and talk to my dr again just don;t have the money right now.

Replies

• Bmat
    by Bmat
    January 8, 2012 at 9:09 AM

Don't add salt to your food, don't eat salty foods. Good luck!

• lovinmommy0f3
    January 8, 2012 at 10:09 AM
    Thank you, I will definitely cut back on the salt intake.
  • theycallmemom4
    January 8, 2012 at 10:10 AM
    Also drink more water
  • Jadegirl1819
    January 8, 2012 at 10:14 AM

Definately watch your sodium.  It's more than just the salt you add to the food.  I have just found out I have high blood pressure, cholesterol, etc.  so I have been watching it.  I don't have a big problem with retaining water but I have read a lot about how green tea is a natural diuretic. 

• lovinmommy0f3
    January 8, 2012 at 10:18 AM
    I've have a friend who loves green tea. I'll have to try it.
  • itsallabtthem84
    January 8, 2012 at 10:49 AM

Yep!

Quoting Bmat:

Don't add salt to your food, don't eat salty foods. Good luck!

• TigerofMu
    January 8, 2012 at 3:38 PM

I have no idea, but that sounds like logical advice.

• SweetLuci
    January 8, 2012 at 3:59 PM

Why have you not called to get a refill. Your health is too important to do things like this. You are endangering yourself. Call now and get the refill.

• Kiwismommy19
    January 8, 2012 at 4:17 PM
    Not sure how it would be with the other med you're on, but pamprin, one of the pms otc pills, has a diuretic in it.
    My daughter was on a blood pressure pill for her heart problem and her doctor said to have her drink so much in a day, and to watch her sodium intake. Check the sodium lables on the foods you eat.
    Good luck!
  • Arwynn
    by Arwynn
    January 8, 2012 at 4:26 PM
    Watch your sodium intake. Drink water but also diuretics like tea to relieve some of the fluid.
Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts