Current Events & Hot Topics

Featured Posts
Happytime
Obama wrong again , is this why he isnt saying anything about the election in Iran?
June 24, 2009 at 9:12 AM

EXCLUSIVE: U.S. contacted Iran's ayatollah before election

Prior to this month's disputed presidential election in Iran, the Obama administration sent a letter to the country's supreme leader, Ayatollah Ali Khamenei, calling for an improvement in relations, according to interviews and the leader himself.

Ayatollah Khamenei confirmed the letter toward the end of a lengthy sermon last week, in which he accused the United States of fomenting protests in his country in the aftermath of the disputed June 12 presidential election.

U.S. officials declined to discuss the letter on Tuesday, a day in which President Obama gave his strongest condemnation yet of the Iranian crackdown against protesters.

An Iranian with knowledge of the overture, however, told The Washington Times that the letter was sent between May 4 and May 10 and laid out the prospect of "cooperation in regional and bilateral relations" and a resolution of the dispute over Iran's nuclear program.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2009/jun/24/us-contacted-irans-ayatollah-before-election/?feat=home_cube_position1

Replies

• CullenLover
    June 24, 2009 at 9:45 AM

how is he wrong ?

• Gypsyuma
    June 24, 2009 at 11:29 AM

Nowhere in the entire article does it mention anything about Obama being "wrong" - obviously only the opinion of the OP. 

I can only assume she is a supporter of the Bush Doctrine, hence her opinion of Obama and his attempts at soft diplomacy. 

Whatever......  the Republicans LOST the election, so no longer are we required to follow that policy.  Some people have not come to that realization yet.

• DJLadyK
    by DJLadyK
    June 24, 2009 at 11:38 AM

I don't believe he is wrong at all...yes he is appalled, yes he with the rest of the super powers and UN agree if Iran *behaves* they will include them in more things, invite them, drop sanctions, etc...and if you listened between the lines, he basically said it's none of our business to get involved, it's the iranaina people that need to decide....but we will watch the violence and we do not agree with it one bit

• m0m2twoboys
    June 24, 2009 at 11:42 AM

Quoting Gypsyuma:

Nowhere in the entire article does it mention anything about Obama being "wrong" - obviously only the opinion of the OP. 

I can only assume she is a supporter of the Bush Doctrine, hence her opinion of Obama and his attempts at soft diplomacy. 

Whatever......  the Republicans LOST the election, so no longer are we required to follow that policy.  Some people have not come to that realization yet.

Yep.

Obama Mama here. Get over it OP..

• Stefanie1085
    June 24, 2009 at 11:48 AM

Quoting CullenLover:

how is he wrong ?

I also don't get it. I am not an Obama fan, but what did he do wrong? Not being aggressive and starting war with Iran?

• Gypsyuma
    June 24, 2009 at 5:08 PM

I guess the OP doesn't know.  Maybe she just gets a kick out of typing the phrase "Obama was wrong".

• MissBearNMonkey
    June 24, 2009 at 5:15 PM

Sounds about right...I agree with the Ayotollah, btw.

I doubt very much Obama had anything to do with it. I'm guessing this was a contract job that was privately funded. Lots and lots of money to be made in Iran. If we destabilize it much like we have in Iraq and Afghanistan, both countries who share borders with Iran, there will some serious business being done for those oil companies.

I'm all for a free market and big business (that's pretty much what paid for my college education), but damnitall, PLAY FAIR!!

Quoting Gypsyuma:

I guess the OP doesn't know.  Maybe she just gets a kick out of typing the phrase "Obama was wrong".

• Happytime
    June 24, 2009 at 5:29 PM

OBAMA SAID SOMTHING!!!! HOORAY!!!!

White House defends use of blogger's question

WASHINGTON (AP) - The White House on Wednesday denied that it planted question about Iran from a left-leaning Web site at a presidential news conference this week.

White House spokesman Robert Gibbs said there was nothing inappropriate in how an administration official phoned the Huffington Posts' Nico Pitney and suggested President Barack Obama might take a question from him if he came prepared with one submitted to the reporter from someone inside Iran.

"The question wasn't planted," Gibbs said. "That question wasn't planted."

But reporters at the White House pressed Gibbs on how often the White House might preselect specific reporters to ask specific questions about specific topics. Gibbs pushed back, saying the White House didn't plant the question, just invited a writer who had asked Iranians about what they would ask the White House.

"What the president did was take a question from an Iranian. That's, I think, the very powerful message that that sent just yesterday," Gibbs said.

Pitney, who has been blogging from the United States about protests in Iran, relayed a question from an Iranian he described as "still courageous enough to be communicating online." Pitney asked Obama if he would recognize Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad's re-election, or if such a move would be a betrayal of protesters.

Obama replied with a familiar response, that it was too soon to know.

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=D9918OQ80&show_article=1

• Da1nOnlyDestiny
    June 24, 2009 at 6:50 PM

banging head into wall keep drinking that koolaid there my friend lol your title and this article dont even match up./

• tericared
    June 24, 2009 at 7:05 PM

sealed lipdont want to break any rules 

Current Events & Hot Topics

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Today's “Featured” Posts
More Featured Posts