sweetie00
schools not bombs
May 14, 2009 at 11:50 PM

http://www.thedailyshow.com/video/index.jhtml?videoId=227340&title=Husain-Haqqani

Yeah, yeah, it's from Jon Stewart, but I think it's a great interview if you want to know a little more about Pakistan/Taliban conflict and what we can do to help. How we can really fight extremists......

Husain Haqqani says Pakistan needs an investment in the people, not in the military alone, to defeat the Taliban

Replies

• lbranta
    by lbranta
    May 15, 2009 at 12:59 AM

That makes a whole lot more sinse to me.

• Raintree
    May 15, 2009 at 1:09 AM

Greg Mortenson- Three Cups of Tea- Read it!

• Gypsyuma
    May 15, 2009 at 10:09 AM

Joe Biden has actually been saying this since day one.  He also was right about alot of things in Iraq that people called him crazy for - and then what he said would happened actually did happen.

I am not happy about the guy gushing to be a Zionist, but he is quite insightful I have to admit.

Take it from someone who actually lived in Pakistan..... this problem will only be made worse by force alone.  The countryside of Pakistan is filled with uneducated struggling people who want nothing more to live in peace.  You start bombing the shit out of them, and I can assure you there will be no better reason for them to join forces with the Taliban.

If instead you make their lives better, then there would be no reason to.

It's that simple.

• sweetie00
    May 15, 2009 at 12:05 PM

Quoting Gypsyuma:

Joe Biden has actually been saying this since day one.  He also was right about alot of things in Iraq that people called him crazy for - and then what he said would happened actually did happen.

I am not happy about the guy gushing to be a Zionist, but he is quite insightful I have to admit.

Take it from someone who actually lived in Pakistan..... this problem will only be made worse by force alone.  The countryside of Pakistan is filled with uneducated struggling people who want nothing more to live in peace.  You start bombing the shit out of them, and I can assure you there will be no better reason for them to join forces with the Taliban.

It's that simple.

that's how i feel , as well. All these kids have no reason NOT to join the Taliban or Al-Qaeda. It's their only "hope".

• sweetie00
    May 15, 2009 at 12:07 PM

I googled it, and I definitely will. Thanks.

Quoting Raintree:

Greg Mortenson- Three Cups of Tea- Read it!

• Della529
    May 15, 2009 at 12:12 PM

Quoting Gypsyuma:

It's that simple.

This...