After pleading guilty to 11 criminal counts that could send him to prison for 150 years, Bernie Madoff recently spent his first night in jail, a far cry from his posh Upper East Side digs. According to the NY Daily News, court documents listed Madoff's assets to include:
- $17 million in cash
- $7 million yacht in France
- A half-share in a $12 million jet
- $39,000 Steinway piano
- $2.6 million in jewelry
- A NYC apt. and homes in Montauk (Long Island), Palm Beach and the French Riviera worth $22 million
With his scam going on for all these years, do you think his wife knew? Do you think she should also go to jail?
Bernie and Ruth Madoff
- Only group members can vote in this poll.
- 12% - No, she's his wife, not business partner
- 0% - Yes, she did work with him previously
- 12% - Yes, how could she NOT know?
- 37% - Maybe, but if she did know, perhaps she didn't know to what extent
- 37% - Don't know enough about this scandal
by possummomMarch 14, 2009 at 4:38 PM
i dont really know enough about her past to say for sure if she should be charged with anything.
by EilishMarch 14, 2009 at 4:55 PM
If there is evidence she should be tried too, but if not then she should not be harassed.
by CharmaineLMarch 14, 2009 at 4:55 PM
I think she may have known something was up, but maybe not to what extent. There are many wives who do not know the ins and out of their husband's business dealings. She should be forced to give up as many assets as possible, but don't think she deserves jail time. Unless, she played an active and deliberate role in the scam.