Current Events & Hot Topics

Featured Posts
sweetemotions
IMPLANTED EMBRYOS
March 4, 2009 at 12:29 PM

Should the goverment be allowed to restrict the number of implanted embryos?
Why or why not?

Replies

• luckcharm
    March 4, 2009 at 12:52 PM

Yes they should.  This is a medical procedures and the government sets guidelines for other medical procedures, why not this one?

Limiting the number of embryos that can be implanted at one time helps to ensure the health of the children that are born.   Women and doctors may want to emplant a larger number with the hope of having one attach and grow, but then are faced with the possiblitly of to many attaching.   This in turn endangers the babies health and doesn't allow them to grow properly.   

• sweetemotions
    March 4, 2009 at 1:13 PM

Excellent reply and I am inclined to agree!!!!

Quoting luckcharm:

Yes they should.  This is a medical procedures and the government sets guidelines for other medical procedures, why not this one?

Limiting the number of embryos that can be implanted at one time helps to ensure the health of the children that are born.   Women and doctors may want to emplant a larger number with the hope of having one attach and grow, but then are faced with the possiblitly of to many attaching.   This in turn endangers the babies health and doesn't allow them to grow properly.   

• forsythia_18
    March 4, 2009 at 1:39 PM

Yes and no.  An evaluation of the home the children would live in should be done and a review of the household income.  If someone wants to have 20 kids with IVF then go ahead!  But you better be able to prove you can pay/provide for every single one of them.  If the gov't sets a number limit, it's too much control over people.  As long as they can provide then it's fine.

• Eilish
    by Eilish
    March 4, 2009 at 1:43 PM

Constitutionally speaking, the government doesn't have the authority to restrict ANYTHING! The power of government is derived from the people and I don't have the authority to tell you that you may only have a certain number of embyo implants. I may have my opinion on it, but I don't have the right to tell what do on it, therefore the government has no authority to restrict them.

• JJTaylor
    March 4, 2009 at 2:00 PM

That's a tough one for me to answer.  I don't think anyone should be telling me what I can and cannot do with my body, regardless if it's good or bad, yet, I have mixed feelings for what can happen once a person haves several babies at one time and expects me to help them until age 18.

I say, if the government chooses to do such a thing, then I think they also have to mandate insurance companies to cover this kind of procedure more; due to the cost being so inflated as it already is... can you imagine a legitimate couple trying to have one, just one child, and if they had a larger chance for one baby if they implanted 4 instead of 1; (example only people), they keep loosing the one egg they are allowed... should we torture these people that truly want a family this way?  Yes, you can claim adoption, however, to some this isn't an option.  I don't think this is something that will ever make everyone happy. 

• moneysaver6
    March 4, 2009 at 11:07 PM

So the government CANNOT dictate what a woman can do with her body should she decide to kill a child but they CAN dictate what a woman can do with her body if she desires to create it?

No.  Try again.

My opinion?  I don't think the federal government has the right to say one way or the other on either issue...and I'm pro-life. (As if that wasn't blatently obvious.)

Amy

Current Events & Hot Topics

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Today's “Featured” Posts
More Featured Posts