Current Events & Hot Topics

Featured Posts
IrishRocker
Hersheys Factory
March 1, 2009 at 3:32 PM

Has anyone else heard about the Hersheys factory shutting down most of its U.S. Plants (including its original in Hershey, the town Milton S Hershey built) And building a new plant in Mexico to cut costs? While I realize that there will still be a plant open here, they are cutting over 1,500 jobs to outsource.  (I cant find a full article on it)

I personally am now boycotting Hersheys. If we want to fix the economy, we cant let companies think outsourcing will help them.

Replies

• dlb99
    by dlb99
    March 1, 2009 at 3:49 PM

I am just crushed!  Check out www.snopes.com

for more info on the move.

• KC33
    by KC33
    Kim
    March 1, 2009 at 3:50 PM

I wonder how they will make chocolate with contaminated water?

• IrishRocker
    March 1, 2009 at 3:51 PM

Thats a really good question, another good reason not to buy it!

Quoting KC33:

I wonder how they will make chocolate with contaminated water?

• cmarielin
    March 1, 2009 at 4:49 PM

Well, that was awfully crappy of them.  I like Nestle better.  Especially now....

• hsteele
    by hsteele
    March 1, 2009 at 5:36 PM

I'll boycott after the Cadbury Mini eggs are off the shelf for the year. lol This happened last year around this time, or maybe the year before that. At that time they were going to be keeping Hershey PA. Anyone wonder if maybe nestle is running a smear campaign? Have they announced this publicly yet?

• 3timesoccermom
    March 1, 2009 at 5:50 PM

We heard this several months ago.  Very disappointing.

• BooBooCat
    March 1, 2009 at 11:16 PM

This is the first time I have heard this.  Seems like it would be on the news if they were shutting down.

BooBooCat 

• luckcharm
    March 1, 2009 at 11:20 PM

How can "The American Chocolate Bar" be moved to Mexico?  That is just wrong.   If they move it and cut that many jobs then I am definatly boycotting.

• gacgbaker
    March 2, 2009 at 3:56 PM

That's terrible, but I don't necessarily think boycotting them is the answer, and I don't even eat there stuff since I am diabetic :) 

The taxes are being raised on "big corporations", minimum wage went up so they have to pay the teenager that sweeps the floors more then the job is worth, and many other factors like that play into why they will need to cut costs, its either that or close down because they have to charge more for each little chocolate bar, and then in which case we won't pay it and will be outraged by the cost going up... for the company it really is probably a tough call.  It is disappointing that they feel they have to do this to stay in business though.

• KittyD
    by KittyD
    March 2, 2009 at 3:57 PM

Quoting BooBooCat:

This is the first time I have heard this.  Seems like it would be on the news if they were shutting down.

BooBooCat 

Current Events & Hot Topics

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts