Current Events & Hot Topics

Featured Posts
Cafe GroupAdmin
Watch out Starbucks: A New Trend in Coffee?
February 25, 2009 at 5:00 PM

Would you want this coffee shop in your neighborhood? 

Do you think the idea will take off?

Topless 'Over-18' Cafe in Maine Alarms Neighbors

VASSALBORO, Maine  —  Cup size has more than one meaning at a new central Maine coffeehouse.

Servers are topless at the Grand View Topless Coffee Shop, which opened its doors Monday on a busy road in Vassalboro. A sign outside says, "Over 18 only." Another says, "No cameras, no touching, cash only."

On Tuesday, two men sipped coffee at a booth while three topless waitresses and a bare-chested waiter stood nearby. Topless waitress Susie Wiley said men, women and couples have stopped by.

The coffee shop raised the ire of dozens of residents when it went before the town planning board last month. Town officials said the coffee shop met the letter of the law.

Replies

• raynasmommy1
    February 25, 2009 at 5:03 PM

lol I would go.  Maine isnt that far away from me. 

• Not_so_Perfect
    February 25, 2009 at 5:05 PM

NO....I would not want a topless coffee shop in my city...My children go with me to starbuck in the morning...If I wanted my children to see someone topless I would turn on my tv for them....

• jaedynmoon
    February 25, 2009 at 5:06 PM

Hopefully no one burns a nipple!!

• raynasmommy1
    February 25, 2009 at 5:08 PM

Oh ouch.  lol I would even work their if I had the body for it haha.

Quoting jaedynmoon:

Hopefully no one burns a nipple!!

• jelywila.
    February 25, 2009 at 5:10 PM

This seems to be a trend in Maine, as "Mark's Topless Doughnut Shop" has been a ficture in Portland for quite a few years now. It's funny, though, as Vasselboro is  far from being as big of a town as Portland, so curious as to how long this would actually make out as a business. At this point, Maine is a hard place to start ANY business...not even talking about the financial climate, just their tax structure is so small business un-friendly, so if they can make it....hooray for them...shirt or not shirt.

• ColtsFan1912
    February 25, 2009 at 5:16 PM

Disgusting.

No thanks

I'd even go to Starbucks (which i hate with a passion) before i saw filth like that.

• Esmrlda
    by Esmrlda
    February 25, 2009 at 5:27 PM

That is disgusting!  I think they should keep the titties at the tittie bars! Last think I want to look at is someone boobs while they are handing me my coffee.  No Thanks.

• Chickadee
    February 25, 2009 at 5:32 PM

No Thank you.  

• forsythia_18
    February 25, 2009 at 6:34 PM

LOL. That's hilarious!  I know the human body is such a shocking thing for most people.  (rolls eyes)

Well, if you think it's gross--don't go!!

If you don't want your children to see--don't take them!!

the end.

• momof1wildchild
    February 25, 2009 at 6:38 PM

It's for the 18 and over crowd, so odds are, young children won't be frequenting this establishment. I don't see how it's 'bad'. Hell, there are tittie bars all over the place, and many of them serve alcohol. At least when folks leave this place, they'll be sober.

I for one, wouldn't care. Boobs are boobs...if you've seen one pair, you've seen them all. LOL 

Current Events & Hot Topics

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN