Current Events & Hot Topics

Featured Posts
rlemde
Who's ready for Suleman and her parents to go away?
by rlemde
February 25, 2009 at 10:43 AM

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/29364095/

Nadya Suleman is the mother of the octuplets, and has numerous children already.

Seriously. They need to be done. It's getting ridiculous. Why would someone subject themselves to such scrutiny anyhow? I don't get it. Does she really need that attention? I see how there's a human curiousity with this woman, but I'm starting to think she's a spoof or something covering for the real mother. Don't hear much about how the babies are doing, weren't they supposed to be the initial focus? Is she getting some monetary compensation for duking it out with her mom? Soo ready.

What's your take?

Replies

• 25beengoodtome
    February 25, 2009 at 10:51 AM

I don't even know who she is, or anything about the story.

Guess this is just a big old BUMP.

• dr_m
    by dr_m
    February 25, 2009 at 10:55 AM

I don't think the story will go away soon..  but these stories always do drift away soon enough..

the babies (eight !)  are still in the hospital, and as the mother and i think 6 other kids will be out of a home, i heard it's being questioned whether they can even release the octoplets to the mother....

• savannahnhi
    February 25, 2009 at 11:07 AM

I can not believe she think the hospital will give her 8 babies without a place to live.  3 bedrooms with 14 kids.  Are you friggin kidding me?

• dragonfliesgirl
    February 25, 2009 at 11:24 AM

I heard on the radio this morning that the hospital won't release the babies unless she has an adequate living space for the babies. What does she expect. I saw yesterday video of her and her mom arguing and her mom said that the embryos were frozen and then put inside her. I think this is her just being selfish! Where did she get the money to do all this is in the first place? None of this could have been done for free! Is anyone asking that question. It is not cheap.

To answer your question: I am ready for this story to blow over!!    banging head into wall

• jzsgrandma
    February 25, 2009 at 11:39 AM

When do you see the press or public focus to closely on  healthy subjects? Just doesn't happen. The more irresponsible,unhealthy, and dysfunctional you are, the more attention you get! This is a perfect example. Um.. and I for one would fund a full hysterectomy so the moron can't spit out another 8!!! 

• JJTaylor
    February 25, 2009 at 11:46 AM

I think there has been these questions asked, but, I also think it depends on the day and time as to what kind of answers you are going to get... it's obvious that she does lie and has lied often even since these newer babies arrived into her life.  

People that lie habitually live in a different world then we all do... they think they have a reality and if it doesn't work for them they change it by retelling their story a little different each time... until it works for them.  These kind of people sadly don't think of themselves as liars... and when you confront them they try and often times can manipulate the situation into making it all your fault. 

Why do I know so much about habitual liars?  My mother, I love her even to this day... is one and was one all my life, I am 36 years old and I grew up with a mother that lied all the time over everything... habitually.  I sincerely hope they do keep a check on this woman, I am sure w/o any doubt she does love her kids, however, her lies are more important then anything else in her life... even her kids.  I hope people realize what she is and realize what this kind of life and lies can lead to and do to kids... specially when the little kids get pressured into lying for their mother to make it seem more truthful... I would venture to guess that she has already made her kids lie for her regarding many everyday stuff. 

Quoting dragonfliesgirl:

I heard on the radio this morning that the hospital won't release the babies unless she has an adequate living space for the babies. What does she expect. I saw yesterday video of her and her mom arguing and her mom said that the embryos were frozen and then put inside her. I think this is her just being selfish! Where did she get the money to do all this is in the first place? None of this could have been done for free! Is anyone asking that question. It is not cheap.

To answer your question: I am ready for this story to blow over!!    banging head into wall

• TawnyR
    by TawnyR
    February 25, 2009 at 11:50 AM

What's done is done. Those babies are here now and she needs to do what is best for them, even if that means giving them up. She should take the offer from Angels in Waiting. She should also seek counseling because she is going to need it with every thing that is going on. My opinion of her and what she did is not very nice but like I said what's done is done. She needs help for those babies and her other 6 children.

• Armymom134
    February 25, 2009 at 12:09 PM

I seen her story on the Today show and I thought she was nuts. Who in their right mind would want so many kids. I think she's crazy and those poor little babies deserve better. But I guess thats for her to decide. I didnt think that a hospital could do that, not let you take your baby home if you don't have the right living conditions. If her story wasn't flashed all over the news no one would have known what kind of home this lady has in the first place. I think CPS is the only agency that has the right to not let this woman have her children. 14 kids or not, no hospital would be telling me I couldn't take my kids home.  And yes i think this lady needs professional help but unless shes the one seeking media attention, i think the media in general needs to let her alone, all this attention can't be good for her 6 kids already at home. I feel sorry for each and every one of her kids.

• larashomebiz
    February 25, 2009 at 12:37 PM

Hi,

I think that the mother should have received psychological counseling and had a financial overview of some sort before anyone allowed her to take on multiple embryos. Now she will probably lose her babies anyway because there is no way she can afford to bring them home. Even if she can, she needs to move and get much, much, much more support. I don't understand that she thought having more babies was a good idea. She has 6 already that she can't afford to support, much less supply a college education for...

Yes, I am sick of this story. If she cannot take the children home now, they should go to foster care until she can prove she can provide for them financially and emotionally and physically.

Lara

• momof1wildchild
    February 25, 2009 at 1:36 PM

I'm one of those who admittedly, defended her in the beginning of all of this. I didn't want to pass judgment (that's not my thing), and I wanted to give her a chance. Hell, I even admit a momentary in lapse of judgment, and sent her a couple cases of diapers, as well as a few other things. I don't regret the latter for the most part... babies go through a lot of them, as all of us mom's know.

But with every news report, every interview, every person coming out to speak either for or against the whole situation, I have to admit that I am changing my original stance. And hell yes, I am tired of hearing about her.

Regardless of what happens or who raises those children, my only concern is for the children. I hope they live long, happy, loving, and healthy lives.

Current Events & Hot Topics

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN