Current Events & Hot Topics

Featured Posts
idunno1234
Netflix's New Trump Documentary Reveals Mob Connections That Helped Build An Empire
April 23 at 9:30 AM

https://www.thrillist.com/entertainment/nation/trump-an-american-dream-review-netflix-documentary

Frankly I can only stomach so much Trump crap at a time so I will admit I've only seen part of the first episode, before the series gets to his connection to Roy Cohn, among other disturbing figures.

Those of us who don't have blinders on will see nothing surprising, it just cements what we already know.

This article provides a decent synopsis. 

Not sure how the man is defensible as our POTUS based on his well publicized hyperbolic self promotion, exaggerations, lies, narcissism and clear lack of a moral compass.

But here we are.

Replies

• ILive4This
    April 23 at 10:06 AM

Thanks, I will check this out.

• hotspice58
    April 23 at 11:05 AM

Me too!!

Quoting ILive4This:

Thanks, I will check this out.

• Sisteract
    April 23 at 11:24 AM

Always follow the money!

• billsfan1104
    April 23 at 11:48 AM
    The fact that you say you have no blinders on, is laughable.
    I think that many successful businessmen have dealing with questionable people. It goes across all party lines.
  • idunno1234
    April 23 at 12:02 PM

Regarding Trump, I see perfectly clearly.

It is literally right there, in your face, his own words/actions, consistently over many decades through present, longer than many of you have been alive.  That's before we even get to what people who have dealt with him personally and professionally have to say.

Said it before, I'll say it again: just because he is a pretend Republican in order to make a run for the Presidency, doesn't make him suitable for the job.

You want to argue conservative ideals (some of which I agree with, some I don't....just like liberalism), I'm looking forward to it because that sort of meaty debate/discussion is sorely lacking here.

Regarding Trump there is nothing to debate.  He is what he is.  One thing for him, he has never tried to hide it.   I'm guessing none of his supporters will have the guts to watch this series which further proves people are willfully ignorant when it comes to things which question their beliefs, even when he consistently shows himself to be a narcissistic asshole, no help from biased sources necessary.

Quoting billsfan1104: The fact that you say you have no blinders on, is laughable. I think that many successful businessmen have dealing with questionable people. It goes across all party lines.

• 12hellokitty
    April 23 at 1:06 PM

Portraying TRUMP as 

Image result for tony soprano gifs

might not workout how liberals want it to work out... 

• WilyMommy
    April 23 at 2:02 PM

I’d personally be leery of any one-sided documentaries, no matter who they’re about.

I will not defend Trump from anything he has done wrong in his life, but do people understand our other option for president was no better when it comes to possible criminal connections and shady/questionable moral activities?

Those here who voted for Hillary wouldn’t care what a documentary had to say about her. They’d claim it was all lies lies lies, but replace the name Clinton with Trump and all the sudden filmmakers, journalists, etc. become trustworthy. 

It’s truly amazing how the subject and slant of a piece of work is how some people decide if it’s something worth believing.

This documentary sounds like the exact type of thing the anti-Trumps should stay away from, but they won’t bc whatever is able to feed their obsession of all negative things Trump is exactly what they crave. Media (in all forms) doesn’t suddenly become 100 percent truthful just bc you relate to and are ready to believe its messages.

• ILovemyPaulie
    April 23 at 2:07 PM

It must all be true if they made a documentary about it right?  It's not like it will attract any viewers who have no mind of their own and can formulate their own conclusion. Wait. It's geared towards Liberals. Never mind.  LOL Maybe they'll offer a raffle ticket to win a bridge in Brooklyn to every viewer too! Yay

rolling on floor

• WilyMommy
    April 23 at 2:12 PM

I know you mean well, however you sharing this documentary here gives the anti-Trumpers something to watch which DOESN’T question their beliefs. Like crack to a crackhead. If this film was about Hillary or Obama with a negative spin, the same ladies here thanking you for sharing this would be slamming the documentary’s mere existence, and you know this to be true... at least I think you do.

It’s not just the pro-Trumpers who have their heads up their asses. 

Quoting idunno1234:

Regarding Trump, I see perfectly clearly.

It is literally right there, in your face, his own words/actions, consistently over many decades through present, longer than many of you have been alive.  That's before we even get to what people who have dealt with him personally and professionally have to say.

Said it before, I'll say it again: just because he is a pretend Republican in order to make a run for the Presidency, doesn't make him suitable for the job.

You want to argue conservative ideals (some of which I agree with, some I don't....just like liberalism), I'm looking forward to it because that sort of meaty debate/discussion is sorely lacking here.

Regarding Trump there is nothing to debate.  He is what he is.  One thing for him, he has never tried to hide it.   I'm guessing none of his supporters will have the guts to watch this series which further proves people are willfully ignorant when it comes to things which question their beliefs, even when he consistently shows himself to be a narcissistic asshole, no help from biased sources necessary.

Quoting billsfan1104: The fact that you say you have no blinders on, is laughable. I think that many successful businessmen have dealing with questionable people. It goes across all party lines.

• Sisteract
    April 23 at 2:20 PM

Deflection to Clinton-

She lost and her decisions and words do not affect any of us.

At least Clinton had the experiences/qualifications to do the job.

Instead we have an unqualified clown of very, very questionable moral fiber-

Yay us- 

Current Events & Hot Topics

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts