Current Events & Hot Topics

Featured Posts
WilyMommy
Human Immortality Could Be Real By 2050
March 19 at 10:14 AM

The future is here, now. While we are living in modern times, there are some advancements that we have not seen yet. One is flying cars; the other is immortality. Well, today one of those is in the news feed, as Human Immortality Could Be Real By 2050. This news comes from a top futurologist, Dr. Ian Pearson, who said that humans are very close to achieving immortality in a number of different ways. Dr. Pearson stated that “By 2050, it will only really be for the rich and famous,” adding “Most people on middle-class incomes and reasonable working-class incomes can probably afford this in the 2060s. So anyone 90 or under by 2060.”

There are a number of ways that people can achieve immortality, including renewing body parts. Another possibility is genetic engineering that prevents or reverses aging in cells, while people might even be able to replace vital body organs with new parts. Scientists are also working on creating human organs using 3D printers loaded with living cells. Dr. Pearson also stated “There are quite a lot of people interested in living forever. There always has been, but the difference now is tech is improving so quickly, lots of people believe they can actually do it. No one wants to live forever at 95 years old, but if you could rejuvenate the body to 29 or 30, you might want to do that.” Interesting news to say the least, but would you want to live forever? Speak your thoughts on the news below and give us your thoughts in the comments. Stay tuned for much more on this coming soon.

stupidDOPE

https://apple.news/Amq6OPlolTlmmlNVd-A1N4g

Replies

• smalltowngal
    March 19 at 10:20 AM
    This reminds me of a Netflix show called Altered Carbon. Only the wealthy can afford to live forever and the longer they live, the more twisted they become.
  • numbr1wmn
    March 19 at 10:21 AM

Hell NO

• Schauseil
    March 19 at 10:22 AM
    This should never be allowed.
  • I.Am.Jester
    March 19 at 10:24 AM

We have issues with population control now.  People have to die if we continue to reproduce.  

• TowerWife
    March 19 at 10:28 AM
    Yes, just saw on news this morning that many places will be running out of water by 2050. We must start saving the planet

Quoting I.Am.Jester:

We have issues with population control now.  People have to die if we continue to reproduce.  

• WilyMommy
    March 19 at 10:41 AM

Our bodies wouldn’t be around, just our brains. 

ETA according to one method scientists are currently working on.

Quoting I.Am.Jester:

• WilyMommy
    March 19 at 10:42 AM

Why?

Quoting Schauseil: This should never be allowed.

• smalltowngal
    March 19 at 10:49 AM
    People who can't afford the technology will continue to die. I wonder if in 30+ years if we'll see a reduction in kids being born. Between increased reproduction issues, lack of funds and increased time spent on technology versus the real world. VR will continue to improve and I can see a lot of people just having virtual relationships versus real ones in the future.

Quoting I.Am.Jester:

• I.Am.Jester
    March 19 at 10:54 AM

Well by 2060 I will be 88.  So whatever happens is likely to be too late for me.

Quoting smalltowngal: People who can't afford the technology will continue to die. I wonder if in 30+ years if we'll see a reduction in kids being born. Between increased reproduction issues, lack of funds and increased time spent on technology versus the real world. VR will continue to improve and I can see a lot of people just having virtual relationships versus real ones in the future.
    Quoting I.Am.Jester:

• smalltowngal
    March 19 at 11:07 AM
    The important thing will be keeping the mind in shape. Everything else is replaceable. My husband and I always said in our 50's, we would travel the world. It's a bit scary but now I could see us just going to a lot of places in VR.

Quoting I.Am.Jester:

Well by 2060 I will be 88.  So whatever happens is likely to be too late for me.

Quoting smalltowngal: People who can't afford the technology will continue to die. I wonder if in 30+ years if we'll see a reduction in kids being born. Between increased reproduction issues, lack of funds and increased time spent on technology versus the real world. VR will continue to improve and I can see a lot of people just having virtual relationships versus real ones in the future.

Quoting I.Am.Jester:

Current Events & Hot Topics

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts