Current Events & Hot Topics

Featured Posts
eliptica24
Is it clutural appropriation?
January 12 at 7:24 PM

this is a spin off from my other post based of a reply i got. a member said that saying "do you boo" or "by felicia" are cultural staements that white people like myself shouldnt/cant use. side note for those who dont know where bye beliciacame from, it came from the movie friday which was a mainly black cast.

thoughts? or is that a silly thought over over "THIS IS MY CULTURE GTFO" IDEAL?

Replies

• SuG4
    by SuG4
    January 12 at 7:28 PM
    I think it’s BS!!!
  • eliptica24
    January 12 at 7:30 PM

expand

Quoting SuG4: I think it’s BS!!!

• SuG4
    by SuG4
    January 12 at 7:37 PM
    Expand?? They’re just words really. I just went to the other post to read the thread that you were talking about. But that’s just ONE person’s opinion!! Big deal!

Historically, I’ve only seen or heard black ppl say these things. But nobody OWNS words.

Quoting eliptica24:

expand

• Debmomto2teens
    January 12 at 7:40 PM
    I know so many white people who say “bye Felicia”. I really thought it was just a thing teenagers made up... lol

Quoting SuG4: Expand?? They’re just words really. I just went to the other post to read the thread that you were talking about. But that’s just ONE person’s opinion!! Big deal!

Historically, I’ve only seen or heard black ppl say these things. But nobody OWNS words.

Quoting eliptica24:

expand

• eliptica24
    January 12 at 7:40 PM

i on the other hand ahve only ever heard white peopel use the do you boo statement, but only heard bye felicia on here and in gaming by all colors of people lmfao sincei  knew it was a movie quote.

Quoting SuG4: Expand?? They’re just words really. I just went to the other post to read the thread that you were talking about. But that’s just ONE person’s opinion!! Big deal! Historically, I’ve only seen or heard black ppl say these things. But nobody OWNS words.
    Quoting eliptica24:

expand

• eliptica24
    January 12 at 7:41 PM

nah ice cube says it to a chick in the movie friday bc she was annoying.

Quoting Debmomto2teens: I know so many white people who say “bye Felicia”. I really thought it was just a thing teenagers made up... lol
    Quoting SuG4: Expand?? They’re just words really. I just went to the other post to read the thread that you were talking about. But that’s just ONE person’s opinion!! Big deal! Historically, I’ve only seen or heard black ppl say these things. But nobody OWNS words.
    Quoting eliptica24:

expand

• Elle.tea.22
    January 12 at 7:43 PM
    Over it
  • white_wolf454
    January 12 at 7:45 PM

I have seen people who are not white say Dude and other things that are "white "  so i think it doesn't matter what race you are if you like saying it then as long as it's not a racist word then its fine 

• Harlot
    by Harlot
    January 12 at 7:46 PM

The character's name is actually Felicia so he was really just saying "bye..get out of here."

Quoting eliptica24:

nah ice cube says it to a chick in the movie friday bc she was annoying.

Quoting Debmomto2teens: I know so many white people who say “bye Felicia”. I really thought it was just a thing teenagers made up... lol
    Quoting eliptica24:

expand

• m0nao
    by m0nao
    January 12 at 7:46 PM

How about "Bless your heart."

Current Events & Hot Topics

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts