Current Events & Hot Topics

Featured Posts
Sweet_Faith
Father Fatally Shoots Robber Who Pointed Gun at His Children in Popeyes
December 10, 2017 at 8:30 AM

https://www.yahoo.com/news/father-fatally-shoots-robber-pointed-124758681.html

The robber pointed his gun at two of Carlos Molina's children, police say

A father fatally shot an armed robber who threatened him and his family at a Popeyes Louisiana Kitchen in San Antonio, Texas.

Officers told Fox San Antonia that 19-year-old Andrews Herrera was killed after he approached Carlos Molina, 32, just before 9 p.m. Wednesday. Molina was eating at the fried chicken chain with his family when Herrera demanded that he hand over his property and threatened his children with a gun, police say.

According to the news site, Molina told Herrera that he had no money and asked whether his family could leave. Most of the family left the restaurant, but Herrera then pointed the gun at two of Molina’s children as they walked out of a restroom. In response, Molina drew his licensed handgun and shot Herrera several times, fatally wounding him, police said.

Officers believe Molina shot Herrera “in defense of a third person,” according to Fox San Antonia.

Replies

• Madeyemoody
    December 10, 2017 at 8:33 AM
    You know, if someone pointed a gun at my children, I’d kill them too.
  • Sisteract
    December 10, 2017 at 8:41 AM

Sounds like an odd story.

He asked the perp if the family could leave? Most of the family did leave the restaurant, yet the kids decided to use the BR during a hold up?

Did the 2 men know one another?

There's more to this story.

• nanny1918
    December 10, 2017 at 8:42 AM
    I completely understand the mans reaction. He had the right to protect his family.
    It's scary because I live in San Antonio and the shootings happen here pretty regularly.
  • Kmary
    by Kmary
    December 10, 2017 at 8:48 AM
    Had the EXACT same thought. What the heck? The armed robber said they could leave and the parents thought, “hey during an armed robbery is a great time for the kids to go pee.” I mean, I’m glad the kids weren’t hurt and that justice was served, if it went down as stated. But it’s absolutely a strange story as written.

Quoting Sisteract:

He asked the perp if the family could leave? Most of the family did leave the restaurant, yet the kids decided to use the BR during a hold up?

• SweetPea2004
    December 10, 2017 at 8:50 AM
    Or the kids were already in the restroom when the robbery started.

Quoting Kmary: Had the EXACT same thought. What the heck? The armed robber said they could leave and the parents thought, “hey during an armed robbery is a great time for the kids to go pee.” I mean, I’m glad the kids weren’t hurt and that justice was served, if it went down as stated. But it’s absolutely a strange story as written.

Quoting Sisteract:

• lexasmommy411
    December 10, 2017 at 8:52 AM
    It says they walked out of the restroom, they may have been in there when the situation started and not known what was happening.

Quoting Kmary: Had the EXACT same thought. What the heck? The armed robber said they could leave and the parents thought, “hey during an armed robbery is a great time for the kids to go pee.” I mean, I’m glad the kids weren’t hurt and that justice was served, if it went down as stated. But it’s absolutely a strange story as written.

Quoting Sisteract:

• AllofFive19
    December 10, 2017 at 8:52 AM
    They might've been in the restroom before the robbery, though if I was a kid in that situation I'd pry have to shit.

Quoting Sisteract:

• Luvnlogic
    December 10, 2017 at 9:06 AM
    Unless this story is omitting details, I have no problem with his. I hope they all recover well from the trauma of experiencing such a violent scene.

Current Events & Hot Topics

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts