Current Events & Hot Topics

Featured Posts
billsfan1104
Solar Eclipse-edit to add
August 20 at 9:14 PM

Mobile Photo

Is anyone watching it?? I will be watching it steaming live.
But for some reason I am paranoid. I have told my kids several hundred thousand times to not look at the sun and promise me they won't. Hahahahah.
I am never paranoid about stuff.

Add on:
I loved how this country came together for a couple of hours to watch a cool thing. No fighting, no arguing, just something that brought us together. Even for a few moments.

Picture is from the 82nd Airbourne from Ft Bragg.

Replies

• msb64
    by msb64
    August 20 at 9:21 PM

If you are in NY, I guess you're pretty far from the ecipse but at least you get a partial.  We are close but not quite and definitely not traveling to get closer.  We have the glasses and I'm excited.  Will definitely be leaving the pets inside.

• billsfan1104
    August 20 at 9:24 PM
    We will get about 71%. I have friends that went to KY and got the glasses and everything.
    I am excited about this too. It will neat to experience and I read it will come back in 28 years.

Quoting msb64:

If you are in NY, I guess you're pretty far from the ecipse but at least you get a partial.  We are close but not quite and definitely not traveling to get closer.  We have the glasses and I'm excited.  Will definitely be leaving the pets inside.

• CannotCount
    August 20 at 9:24 PM
    We didn't t get glasses, so I think we will just watch it online.
  • jessilin0113
    August 20 at 9:31 PM
    Where I live IRL gets about 97% totality but we took a small road trip so we will get 100%. I'm nervous about my kids looking too, lol.
  • ILive4This
    August 20 at 9:46 PM

It'll be 90% here. I-57 south was clogged with people driving down to Carbondale (southern IL), where it will be 100%. I don't care that much. I'll prob check out internet or tv coverage.

• billsfan1104
    August 20 at 9:54 PM
    I heard that Oregons mayor called for a state of Emergency because of the influx of people coming in.

Quoting ILive4This:

It'll be 90% here. I-57 south was clogged with people driving down to Carbondale (southern IL), where it will be 100%. I don't care that much. I'll prob check out internet or tv coverage.

• ILive4This
    August 20 at 10:05 PM

wow, that's crazy. Someone on my FB was driving north on 57, and videotaped the traffic on the other side. It was absolutely crazy. Miles of cars sitting still...one lane closed for construction. I bet the truckers were pissed.

Quoting billsfan1104: I heard that Oregons mayor called for a state of Emergency because of the influx of people coming in.
    Quoting ILive4This:

• lizmarie1975
    August 20 at 10:26 PM

I work in a retail store & we had 106 phone calls today asking if we had the solar eclipse glasses.

• Donna6503
    August 20 at 10:49 PM

Mobile Photo

In case you ladies wanted to see total eclipse, right now
  • AdrianneHill
    August 20 at 10:49 PM
    Im at 100%. We've got a graveyard we're going to

Current Events & Hot Topics

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts