Current Events & Hot Topics

Featured Posts
4evrinbluejeans
Fluff - Gluten Free
KK
March 6 at 11:38 AM

Are you gluten free?  Are your kids?  

Have you found it to be beneficial?  If you have them, share some of your favorite GF sites/recipes.  

If you are, I wanted to share this new cookbook that was just released.  I have no vested interest in this, I just really like their cookbooks and wanted to share.  

http://www.amazon.com/The-How-Gluten-Free-Cookbook/dp/1936493616/ref=tmm_pap_title_0?ie=UTF8&qid=1394122330&sr=8-1 

Replies

• lga1965
    by lga1965
    March 6 at 11:41 AM
    My daughter was diagnosed with Celiac disease when she was 36. She has had digestive issues her whole life. We cook gluten free when the whole family gets together.
  • Mommy_of_Riley
    Jes
    March 6 at 11:45 AM
    We tried it for my Autistic son for 9 months and nothing changed...

But I've heard it works for others and helps with other medical conditions...
  • Mommy_of_Riley
    Jes
    March 6 at 11:46 AM
    Sidenote...
    Subway has gluten free brownies that are delicious!
  • babyspots17
    March 6 at 11:46 AM

My grandmother (who died in 1996) was Gluten free for most of her life.  She cooked and ate "Gluten Free" way before it became the new cool thing. 

• Mommy_of_Riley
    Jes
    March 6 at 11:47 AM
    Most foods are naturally gluten free. :-)

We eat a lot of food from our own garden and local farmers so I guess were mostly "gluten free"...

Quoting babyspots17:

My grandmother (who died in 1996) was Gluten free for most of her life.  She cooked and ate "Gluten Free" way before it became the new cool thing. 

• lga1965
    by lga1965
    March 6 at 11:48 AM
    Wow !!! Sounds wonderful. Do they have gluten free sandwiches too ? I haven't been there in.months.

Quoting Mommy_of_Riley: Sidenote...
  • tanyainmizzou
    March 6 at 11:48 AM

My son grew almost 6 inches in one year when we were told he needed to go GF.   He could actually absorb vitamins and calories instead of constantly having issues.

• lga1965
    by lga1965
    March 6 at 11:50 AM
    Flour has Gluten . So breads, pasta, most desserts aren't Gluten free. Unfortunately. :-(

Quoting Mommy_of_Riley: Most foods are naturally gluten free. :-)

We eat a lot of food from our own garden and local farmers so I guess were mostly "gluten free"...

Quoting babyspots17:

• Mommy_of_Riley
    Jes
    March 6 at 11:52 AM
    Yup. That's why I said "most foods".

You can do gluten free bread and pasta but I don't like the taste. I do like quinoa and other foods though that can take the place of pasta...

Quoting lga1965: Flour has Gluten . So breads, pasta, most desserts aren't Gluten free. Unfortunately. :-(

Quoting Mommy_of_Riley: Most foods are naturally gluten free. :-)

Quoting babyspots17:

• Mommy_of_Riley
    Jes
    March 6 at 11:52 AM
    I'm not sure... I bet you could look on their website though.

Quoting lga1965: Wow !!! Sounds wonderful. Do they have gluten free sandwiches too ? I haven't been there in.months.

Quoting Mommy_of_Riley: Sidenote...

Current Events & Hot Topics

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Today's “Featured” Posts
More Featured Posts