Current Events & Hot Topics

Featured Posts
buttersworth
ques. for homeschoolers and those who don't vaccinate, ETA
October 30, 2013 at 3:15 PM

just curious....

If you homeschool and/or don't vaccinate:

Do you find yourself in any way avoided or excluded from family gatherings at times or all times by extended family members?

Do you think this is due to your lifestyle choices?

ETA: Thank you everyone! Your comments turned out to be interesting and informative.

Replies

• meriana
    by meriana
    October 30, 2013 at 3:51 PM
    Nope have never had that happen.
  • hello_kitty25
    October 30, 2013 at 3:52 PM
    I don't vaccinate, and no, we get invited to everything. My family would never do that to us. How rude.
  • bluerooffarm
    October 30, 2013 at 3:52 PM

Nope.

• LuvmyAiden
    October 30, 2013 at 3:55 PM

I selectively vax. No more flu shots EVER. And we are preparing to homeschool after this school year. Some agree and some disagree but no one has treated me or the kids differently.

• jjchick75
    October 30, 2013 at 3:56 PM

Nope. We homeschool and don't vaccinate and its never been issue with family or friends.

• wolfybaby
    October 30, 2013 at 3:58 PM

nope. my in-laws dont care that i dont vaccinate my daughter. we have talked about it. i have informed them of facts they didnt know. they respect my choice as well as i respect theirs for vaccinating. 
    no one is concerned when a new baby is born, either. we are all a very laid back bunch.

my new partners [not daughters father] family is a bit more uptight, though. he was adopted into this part of his family when he was a young child. he was previously not vaccinated and they took it upon themselves to make sure he got every shot ever, including annual flu shots. we have not told them yet that my daughter is not vaccinated, nor will our son-to-be ever be vaccinated. i expect to hear a little grief from them, but they would never exclude us from events solely based on that fact. even they know that is just silly.

my daughter is not old enough to school yet, but i am going to homeschool. i dont see that affecting how my friends, family, or extended relatives treat me at all. if anything, people would rather not invite me places due to my strict natural diet. but from experience they know im still fun to be around even if i dont eat their store-bought "bean dip*..

• Raintree
    October 30, 2013 at 4:11 PM

I homeschooled for awhile and delayed vax. They're now caught up- whatever that means- but as children, no, they were never left out of anything by family or friends.

• Dabberdoo
    October 30, 2013 at 4:12 PM

We home school.  No, we aren't excluded although my husband's side of the family does not support our decision.

• kailu1835
    October 30, 2013 at 4:12 PM
    Never. My choices as my kids parents are respected at all times by my family and my husbands.
  • flcowgrl23
    October 30, 2013 at 4:13 PM
    No and no

Current Events & Hot Topics

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts