Current Events & Hot Topics

Featured Posts
survivorinohio
Do you think that its a compliment?
October 24, 2013 at 11:08 PM

Or is it an insult to be considered a bitch, or is it all in the context?

Replies

• aandt1999
    October 24, 2013 at 11:09 PM

I'm sure there are plenty who will say they consider it a compliment, but I do not. I don't want to be known as one. 

• AlekD
    by AlekD
    October 24, 2013 at 11:09 PM

insult 

• ZombieChicken
    October 24, 2013 at 11:10 PM
    Sometimes it's a compliment. Mostly I think it's a world simply used to make others feel better about themselves.
  • Connie04
    October 24, 2013 at 11:11 PM

Some people might consider it a compliment, but I wouldn't.

• FromAtoZ
    October 24, 2013 at 11:12 PM

Context is everything.

I've been called a bitch by friends and it does not offend me or otherwise.  Then again, I've been called a bitch by some one who does not care for me.  Does not offend me then either.

I guess, overall, it just doesn't mean that much to me to get all upset about it, for any reason.

I am sure there are times I am being a bitch.  Other times, some one may think I am and hey, that's their deal.  

Either way, I have never thought of it as being a compliment.

• viv212
    by viv212
    October 24, 2013 at 11:14 PM
    The word is used so loosely now it's not even derogatory anymore.
  • smurfbitebug
    October 24, 2013 at 11:15 PM
    All depends on the situation. My DH thinking I am a bitch or calling me a bitch (has never happened).. kind of devestating. Someone who just met me callling me a bitch.. insulting. Someone I'm friends with.. just conversation lol someone like my DH's ex... Just means she isn't getting her way and I happen to be a favorite target.

It has completely different meaning depending on how it is said and who is saying it.
  • coolmommy2x
    October 24, 2013 at 11:33 PM
    It's in the context.
  • stormcris
    October 24, 2013 at 11:40 PM

Depends on who says it and if I have previously given them permission to call me a bitch.

Oh had to come back and say if I force the word from my BIL it means I won the argument and he is always arguing me with me. Then he gets in trouble with his brother because he said it. I am the only one who gets away with calling my best friends that and I completely mean it as a compliment. Just like you can't go up and call someone weird you don't know as it would be offensive this word works much the same way. I can call my friends weirdo and the know I think being weird is a good thing. It used to mean your destined. Why is bitch good when we say it? Because when we say it we mean the entirety of the Meredith Brooks song.

• Momniscient
    October 24, 2013 at 11:41 PM
    I don't think you're a bitch ;)

Current Events & Hot Topics

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts