Current Events & Hot Topics

Featured Posts
PoliteisRight
Is Miley Cyrus totallly off, or is she right on? I don't get her.
October 19, 2013 at 12:24 AM

Replies

• DestinyHLewis
    October 19, 2013 at 12:36 AM

She's a product of the industry. I'm my opinion totally wrong and headed for disaster. I DO like most of her current album, but cannot stomach watching videos of her. I won tickets to a concert here. She and what's his name, that's sings blurred lines are headliners. I opted out. No interest in seeing that kind of crap on stage. I'd rather enjoy music. 

• spotsmom
    October 19, 2013 at 12:48 AM

I don't get it, either. The tongue thing is the biggest puzzler. What is going on with that? Does she think it looks cool? (It doesn't.) Does she think it looks sexy? (It doesn't.) Is it a tic? Is she suffering from mini-seizures? I find it bizarre and wierdly unsettling. 

And the twerking. You know, as much as I find it...distasteful, it could possibly work if it were part of an entire dance rountine, where the twerking was part of the act. but she just throws it in randomly, bizarrely. 

Also...why was she rubbing that giant foam finger on that old pervy guy's crotch? How did that make sense? Isn't that the sort of thing unattractive dumb drunk girls do at sporting events because they think it's the only way to get attention from guys? As pervy as Robin Thicke is, I kept expecting him to slap the finger away and say "Seriously, this is too scuzz-ball even for me. Cut it out." It wasn't sexy, it was just childish and goofy. BTW, interesting aside...The guy who invnted the Giant Foam Finger wrote Miley a letter telling her he was very disappointed with her "misuse" of his invention. Can you imagine? The guy's sitting at home, watching the VMAs, sees the performance, and exclaims "Hold on! That is NOT it's intended use, young lady!!" (sound of a pen clicking..) I'll be writing a strongly worded missive post haste!" 

In short...I don't get it. 

• ms-superwoman
    October 19, 2013 at 12:55 AM

She's a grown woman who chose the path she wanted to take. I really couldn't care less about it.

• PestPatti
    October 19, 2013 at 7:19 AM

Ehhh doesn't really bother me or phase me.  Madonna, Lady Gaga, and others have all done things that "others: deemed wrong or scandalous.  

• SyllabaryBisque
    October 19, 2013 at 7:22 AM
    She's being an entertainer. It's like a real life troll. After Lady Gaga and Lindsey Lohan, look how far you have to go to have people talking about you...
  • EireLass
    October 19, 2013 at 9:04 AM
    Shes making alot of money. Shes right on. Shes never been advertised as a moral compass for kids. Shes doing what she knows will promote her.
  • cjsbmom
    by cjsbmom
    October 19, 2013 at 9:07 AM

I try not to pay too much attention to her. I find it disturbing that when there are wars and people dying and our government is totally falling apart that Miley Cyrus and her tongue are page 1 news every day. And what is with that tongue thing? It's not even sexy. She looks like an utter idiot. I'm not sure what "image" she is trying to project, but as far as I'm concerned, she is just making a total ass of herself. 

• parentalrights1
    October 19, 2013 at 9:20 AM
    Supply and demand.

The celebrities we talk about do what the people react to. If they're doing it, it's probably the fault of the people for giving more money and attention to that behavior
  • quickbooksworm
    October 19, 2013 at 9:24 AM
    All of this!

Plus, what the hell is up with the teddy bears. You're trying to send a message that you're all grown up so you gyrate on stage with teddy bears?

Quoting spotsmom:

I don't get it, either. The tongue thing is the biggest puzzler. What is going on with that? Does she think it looks cool? (It doesn't.) Does she think it looks sexy? (It doesn't.) Is it a tic? Is she suffering from mini-seizures? I find it bizarre and wierdly unsettling. 

And the twerking. You know, as much as I find it...distasteful, it could possibly work if it were part of an entire dance rountine, where the twerking was part of the act. but she just throws it in randomly, bizarrely. 

Also...why was she rubbing that giant foam finger on that old pervy guy's crotch? How did that make sense? Isn't that the sort of thing unattractive dumb drunk girls do at sporting events because they think it's the only way to get attention from guys? As pervy as Robin Thicke is, I kept expecting him to slap the finger away and say "Seriously, this is too scuzz-ball even for me. Cut it out." It wasn't sexy, it was just childish and goofy. BTW, interesting aside...The guy who invnted the Giant Foam Finger wrote Miley a letter telling her he was very disappointed with her "misuse" of his invention. Can you imagine? The guy's sitting at home, watching the VMAs, sees the performance, and exclaims "Hold on! That is NOT it's intended use, young lady!!" (sound of a pen clicking..) I'll be writing a strongly worded missive post haste!" 

In short...I don't get it. 

• stacymomof2
    October 19, 2013 at 9:30 AM
    Meh. She is trying to be shocking and cool. I agree she gets too much attention for it. I know what she is trying to do, it is a gogo dancer thing they did in the clubs a couple of years ago...yes even the tongue thing. One of the most popular gogo dancers that worked most of the big shows where I work had the same hair and outfits and twerking and toungue thing. She picked it up from other bigger shows she worked. Miley is just doing that thing. But two years later. So it's not even shocking anymore.

Current Events & Hot Topics

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Today's “Featured” Posts
More Featured Posts