survivorinohio
How many missed appointments should be it?
October 11, 2013 at 3:43 PM

I realize how precious appointments are, I do.  I understand how inconvenient and a what a waste of resources it is to have people who dont show up. I also know we, me specifically , are fallible

I had a horrible scare today.  I missed my ortho clinic appointment today.  When I made the appointment she explained their new policy to me.  The have the right to drop you after one.

I thought my goose was cooked.  I really dont know where else I would go. 

I called them right away and left a tearful apologetic message and she called me back and told me she was able to cancel the missed appointment in the system and they could reschedule.

I am Soooooo grateful.  I have been treated there for 30 yrs.  I would be lost without them. 

So how many times should aa person be allowed to miss appointments before being blacklisted?  Even hair/nail appointment.  Anytime you waste someones time they could say thats it...

Replies

• SuzCahn
    by SuzCahn
    October 11, 2013 at 3:45 PM

I always give people another chance. My vote is 2.

• tanyainmizzou
    October 11, 2013 at 3:45 PM

1, unless you pay for the appointment you missed.

• Wicked.Jester
    October 11, 2013 at 3:47 PM

One appointment?  That is crazy.  I can see charging your for missed appointments but dropping you entirely?   

So does that mean they are going to compensate you when they are running 2 hours behind schedule and you have to sit there and wait?

• Raindancerx
    October 11, 2013 at 3:51 PM

3. Just because I like 3. It is a good number.
    But really most people, around here, charge you for missing an appointment and, you know, unforseen circumstances arise sometimes. IMO it should depend on how many in a row you miss. Like if you keep setting up appointments and missing them (like my sister does) you should be blacklisted but if you miss one appointment and miss another appointment six months later that shouldn't cause issues.

• lizzielouaf
    October 11, 2013 at 3:53 PM

I give people 2 missed appointments. I had a client who would either not show up or even worse show up late and get pissy if she wasn't accommodated. Being perpetually late or missing appointments (not referring to you survivor) shows me "you" think your time is somehow more valuable than mine. 

As far as you survivor, I would think after 30 damn years the dr's office could give you some leeway.

• valrubio
    October 11, 2013 at 3:56 PM
    I would say if it happens a couple of times.
  • numbr1wmn
    October 11, 2013 at 3:57 PM

Did you call to cancel before 24 hrs? or did you not give them enough time?

• LittleBirdFly
    October 11, 2013 at 3:58 PM

at my peadiatrican it says if you are late 3 times or do not show up you will be dropped. But most doctor offices are so over full and the time they take to actually see you I dont think they would miss it if one patient would be not there a day. Most Doctors schedule next patient ever 10 to 15 mins. But like ahair appointment is somethingdifferent I think, because this one person made time just for you, usually for more than and hour.

But I would give people a second and depending onthe case a third chance. But Ihave never missed an appointment. Aroundhere the Officec call you before to reimnd ou again - which is really helpful, espeically when you have an appointment scheduled a bit far away.

• famiglia_bella
    October 11, 2013 at 4:01 PM

I feel with any kind of medical appointment, it should be more than one.  With some kind of vanity appointment, one is understandable.

• katy_kay08
    October 11, 2013 at 4:06 PM

Twice in a specific period of time.