Current Events & Hot Topics

Featured Posts
12hellokitty
OBAMA REFERS TO U.S. ARMED FORCES AS ‘MY MILITARY’; TWITTER USERS GO JUST A TAD BALLISTIC
September 3, 2013 at 1:53 PM

In case you missed it, President Obama referred to the United States armed forces as “my military” during a statement to the media regarding the Syrian crisis Friday.

“But as I’ve already said,” Obama noted, “I have had my military and our team look at a wide range of options.”

And Twitter users went and got themselves into a bit of a twist:

Obama Refers to U.S. Armed Forces as My Military; Twitter Users Go Just a Tad Ballistic

(Credit: Twitter via Twitchy)

Obama Refers to U.S. Armed Forces as My Military; Twitter Users Go Just a Tad Ballistic

Replies

• sweet-a-kins
    September 3, 2013 at 1:56 PM

Right wing twits tweeting their ignorance

• Looking4Truth
    September 3, 2013 at 1:59 PM

He shouldn't have said "My military," since obviously it isn't his.  The military is there for all the people of the United States.  It is OUR military, not obama's.  I'm not at all surprised though that he claimed it as his own.  It figures.

• Looking4Truth
    September 3, 2013 at 2:01 PM

Excuse me, but what exactly is ignorant about a president who claimes something as his own, instead of using the word 'Our,' which in fact is the truth.  It isn't ignorance to point out that obama used the wrong word.  It's just simply a fact.

Quoting sweet-a-kins:

• tanyainmizzou
    September 3, 2013 at 2:02 PM

What is ignorant about believing he was wrong to say "My military?"

Quoting sweet-a-kins:

• Peanutx3
    September 3, 2013 at 2:03 PM

Sigh

• PeeperSqueak5
    September 3, 2013 at 2:03 PM

Yep....I have a good idea what this is coming too.

• lizzielouaf
    September 3, 2013 at 2:04 PM

LOL I can not believe people are up in arms about this! Everyone settle down.

• erika9009
    September 3, 2013 at 2:06 PM

Wow, talk about making something out of nothing.  Splitting hairs on semantics

He is commander and chief and all. 

However, a good leader is measured by the success of those he leads, not by his own success***.

***Spoken by the most influential man in my life, my dad.  A proud Marine.

• punky3175
    September 3, 2013 at 2:07 PM
    Well he is The Commander In Chief of the US Armed Forces. They do what he tells them to.
  • Peanutx3
    September 3, 2013 at 2:08 PM

Other presidents have referred to the military as "my military"

Current Events & Hot Topics

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Today's “Featured” Posts
More Featured Posts