Current Events & Hot Topics

Featured Posts
stormcris
Just a rant about clothes
August 30, 2013 at 2:35 AM

What is with the lack of appropriate attire for evening ware lately in certain sizes? I understand they are trying to cater to club kids but once you get past say a size 11 in adult they seem to get shorter and tighter or go the opposite direction and look like a short mumu with no form. For a country that is said to have such a high obesity problem, it would seem that there would be more availability in the big and tall range rather than trying to make a dress that is the size of a shirt. It is one thing if you wanted to dress that way but one should not be forced to do so from lack of anything appropriate. Also. given that for quite a few lines a size 12 is 2x it would seem that they would prefer larger women to be naked.

Do you think designers are out of touch with the general public?

Replies

• glitterteaz
    August 30, 2013 at 2:57 AM

dont forget loud prints on all plus sized attire like us fat girls wanna wear a test pattern

• stormcris
    August 30, 2013 at 2:59 AM

Oh yes those are horrible too. 

Quoting glitterteaz:

dont forget loud prints on all plus sized attire like us fat girls wanna wear a test pattern

• HIJKLM
    by HIJKLM
    August 30, 2013 at 3:01 AM
    Yes. I find it hard to find shorts or skirts that are an appropriate length for me because (not pregnant) I'm anywhere from a 14 in girls to a 2 in women =\
  • stormcris
    August 30, 2013 at 3:03 AM

Wow. I can imagine that is hard.

Quoting HIJKLM:

Yes. I find it hard to find shorts or skirts that are an appropriate length for me because (not pregnant) I'm anywhere from a 14 in girls to a 2 in women =\

• frndlyfn
    August 30, 2013 at 3:04 AM

I had the same problem when i was underweight.  Just because i wore a size 2 did not mean i wanted my butt hanging out of clothing.   There is only one designer i know of that does high fashion or evening type wear for plus size and it looks good rather than the oversized tents others do.

• HIJKLM
    by HIJKLM
    August 30, 2013 at 3:05 AM
    What bugs me is pretty soon here my DD will be in the same size. I already have to drop hems in her shorts or cut jeans into shorts just to make her clothes fit the school guidelines

Quoting stormcris:

Quoting HIJKLM:

• stormcris
    August 30, 2013 at 3:06 AM

My cousin was like that and her mother had absolute fits with the hems and lengths.

Quoting HIJKLM:

What bugs me is pretty soon here my DD will be in the same size. I already have to drop hems in her shorts or cut jeans into shorts just to make her clothes fit the school guidelines

Quoting stormcris:

Quoting HIJKLM:

• HIJKLM
    by HIJKLM
    August 30, 2013 at 3:07 AM
    It's really annoying because I hate sewing lol

Quoting stormcris:

My cousin was like that and her mother had absolute fits with the hems and lengths.

Quoting HIJKLM:

Quoting stormcris:

Quoting HIJKLM:

• Healthystart30
    August 30, 2013 at 4:30 AM
    I think it's hard to find any clothing that is in between the club age and middle age!
  • Mommabearbergh
    August 30, 2013 at 6:43 AM
    Its more about where you shop. Like for plus size women there is

Torrids
    Ashlet Stewart
    Pinupgirlcothing

Current Events & Hot Topics

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts