Current Events & Hot Topics

Featured Posts
futureshock
If the anti-choice* position is so strong why do anti-choicers* lie about the facts of abortion?
July 25, 2013 at 5:28 PM

I Went to a Crisis Pregnancy Center and What I Saw Will Shock You

http://www.policymic.com/articles/55971/i-went-to-a-crisis-pregnancy-center-and-what-i-saw-will-shock-you?utm_source=nar.al&utm_medium=urlshortener&utm_campaign=FB

*I used the term anti-choice because I am specifically referencing people who want to outlaw abortion/close abortion clinics.  Unfortunately too many people erroneously think they are pro-life when they are actually pro-choice so I cannot use the term pro-life any longer.  People who do NOT want abortion to become illegal but who would not choose abortion for themselves MISTAKENLY call themselves pro-life.  Here are the correct definitions:

pro-life:  someone who wants to outlaw abortion

pro-choice:  someone who wants abortion to remain legal. It doesn't mean they would ever have an abortion.  Even if a person would NEVER have an abortion they are still PRO-CHOICE if they do NOT want abortion outlawed.

Replies

• futureshock
    July 25, 2013 at 5:28 PM

b

u

m

p

• SewingMamaLele
    July 25, 2013 at 9:00 PM
    If your goal is to disclude pro lifers who aren't in favor of outlawing abortion (as if they aren't capable of determining their own position on the topic??), then why not use the term "anti abortion"?
  • futureshock
    July 25, 2013 at 11:42 PM

Quoting SewingMamaLele:

If your goal is to disclude pro lifers who aren't in favor of outlawing abortion (as if they aren't capable of determining their own position on the topic??), then why not use the term "anti abortion"?

Because some people who are against abortion for themselves would consider themselves anti-abortion even though they want abortion to remain legal.

• snookyfritz
    July 26, 2013 at 12:05 AM

And?  Was the woman expecting an abortion?  What conversation was she looking for?  And I'm not exactly sure what the expectation was and what the attitude of the woman going in.

Was she anticipating an x-rated film maybe?  A whole lot of nothing going on with this one. 

It would be a little more credible if the person who wrote this had the name of the film she saw (so as to prove it's inaccurate information) and pictures that were provable as to their location.

Crappy journalism and a story without a real point.

• snookyfritz
    July 26, 2013 at 12:08 AM

Oh, and I'm all about choice.  Only I want the choice made before a woman decides to have sex.

And I am anti-abortion. 

• parentalrights1
    July 26, 2013 at 12:23 AM
    You're against house during pregnancy. The woman's ownership of her body and feelings about it mean jack squat

Quoting snookyfritz:

Oh, and I'm all about choice.  Only I want the choice made before a woman decides to have sex.

And I am anti-abortion. 

• jllcali
    by jllcali
    July 26, 2013 at 12:57 AM
    My favorite- abortion causes cancer. No, it doesn't. Women who haven't carried a pregnancy to the 2nd trimester before the age of 30 (no matter what the reason) are at increased risk of developing breast cancer, as are women who have never breastfed.
  • Arroree
    by Arroree
    July 26, 2013 at 1:40 AM

Quoting jllcali:

My favorite- abortion causes cancer. No, it doesn't. Women who haven't carried a pregnancy to the 2nd trimester before the age of 30 (no matter what the reason) are at increased risk of developing breast cancer, as are women who have never breastfed.

No no, my fav is when they try to insist that having an abortion will make your future children be born disabled or deformed....

Seriously, just how stupid does someone have to be to believe something that ridiculous?

• jllcali
    by jllcali
    July 26, 2013 at 6:38 AM
    I forgot about that one!

Quoting Arroree:

Quoting jllcali:

No no, my fav is when they try to insist that having an abortion will make your future children be born disabled or deformed....

Seriously, just how stupid does someone have to be to believe something that ridiculous?

• lga1965
    by lga1965
    July 26, 2013 at 7:04 AM

against "House" during pregnancy? That is confusing but I am guessing that was an "auto-correct" thing?

Quoting parentalrights1:

You're against house during pregnancy. The woman's ownership of her body and feelings about it mean jack squat

Quoting snookyfritz:

And I am anti-abortion. 

Current Events & Hot Topics

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts